Courier company recomendations please?

Kona Tone

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Courier company recomendations please ?

Want to shift and have courier collect frame/ whole bike and parts from time to time fed up with royal mail anyone recommend a good service, I'm based in North London work next to Kings Cross.

Many thanks in advance

Tony

Might not be in the right section though talking Mtb parts

Myhermes has never let me down yet, but a frame might be slightly too large unless you box it well. I've sent frames and bikes with senditnow and not had a problem either. I'd steer clear of yodel if I were you, from both personal experience and of others, both receiving and sending via them.

I use royal mail and parcel force, they are fine. Items can be delivered next using recorded or use parcel force express48. As easy just to take round post office, pay and done. Used parcel2go in the past, yeah tis a bit cheaper but there are disadvantages - imputing loads of details (size, dimensions and contact details) and then having to wait all day for parcel to be picked up

swannymere":2y907x5i said:
Try www.interparcel.com it's a price comparison site and can get you cheaper prices than available directly from the company. Try and avoid Hermes and Yodel and you should be fine.

found that useful Hermes is piss cheap compared to the others so i guess you get what you pay for.................

Tony

simonlovell99":22whfapb said:
I use royal mail and parcel force, they are fine. Items can be delivered next using recorded or use parcel force express48. As easy just to take round post office, pay and done. Used parcel2go in the past, yeah tis a bit cheaper but there are disadvantages - imputing loads of details (size, dimensions and contact details) and then having to wait all day for parcel to be picked up

hopefully collected from work next to Kings cross so the waiting not a problem, just want a decent price and stuff to get there, undamaged. know a friend who deals in ceramics and she's having a nightmare with breakages!

Thanks for all your advice so far

Tony

Kona Tone":2yhgupao said:
swannymere":2yhgupao said:
Try www.interparcel.com it's a price comparison site and can get you cheaper prices than available directly from the company. Try and avoid Hermes and Yodel and you should be fine.

found that useful Hermes is piss cheap compared to the others so i guess you get what you pay for.................

Tony

Have a look online for comments about both, i've had problems with parcels going walkabouts, they turn up eventually but i end up being out of pocket. But as you say, you get what you pay for.

Just steer clear (WELL CLEAR) of Yodel and you'll be fine. You'd have more chance of your parcel getting there in one piece if you shut your eyes and launched it from a Trebuchet.

I've found TNT and ParcelForce to be the best for guaranteed next day/2 day delivery.

UPS are good too.

Hermes is much cheaper, but takes longer.

City Link are pants. I know this as I arranged a collection for yesterday and it's still sat in my office as I type this, waiting for one of their van monkeys to come to pick it up.

Back