Other Retro stuff

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
I guess, if you ride a retro bike,..fat chace that it is not the only thing you like retro,..;)

what else?

For example,..besides the bikes i got a weak spot for vintage/retro watches and furnuture,..

you?

Computers, i have various running old versions of windows running on rigs of the time, blast from the past, xp/vista are nice, but cant beat the hackability of Windows 98

Quite a bit - but no time for any off it.... @ denotes currently working on or using.

@ Tamiya Super Sabre RC car - 1988 just restored over xmas with my son.

A lost project of a 1961 Austin A40 Mk2 - sitting in a friends garage for the last 6 years. Loads of Geneva brochures from the 60's too.

Retro Household etc - @ Original Bush 1960's radio {like the one they re-issued}, Mission Impossible style mini reel2reel Tape deck, 3 super projectors and a camera, and 3 old singer sewing machines [ I used to make kites]

Retro Hifi Audiolab 8000a, Mission 751's, technics tape deck , still waiting to find a Systemdeck II

@ Lots of inherited Hornby train stuff [dublo and modern] and added to for my sons.

- something to do with approaching 40 my wife says :(

A few years back I even bought my wife some 1960's Vogue magazines and at the same time very nearly bought myself a '71 vintage Mayfair magazine, but then realised maybe that is a step too far.

Only the bikes, well retro-ish. I like the real retro, but besides bikes onl my future classic car: Volvo 480.

suzuki dr350, early 90's, another project! :D

just adding pictures!! it' abit further along now, got clocks/dash and most electrics are done and rear fender is on :D mot in a couple of weeks!

all being done at work! my boss bought it for me as a bonus! :D

Attachments

• dr build.jpg
    dr build.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,557
  • dr build2.jpg
    dr build2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,557
  • dr build3.jpg
    dr build3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,557
1980's Tamiya RC Cars.............

2 x Sand Scorcher

1 x Rough Rider

1 x Super Champ

1 x Special with Kubelwagen body (work in progress)

DSCN1980.jpg

DSCN2137.jpg

DSCN1975.jpg

and I make custom bits for the Tamiya SRBs (scorcher etc.)

RTA02.jpg

+ loads of bits to make another couple of buggies and period hop up parts worth enough to make you weep. :roll:

now I'm really jealous, those tamiyas are lovely, here's mine...

Originally a Super sabre but I changed the body in 1990 to a Thundershot, most of it is nos now from parts I bought cheap back then and fitted this year, the shocks are Boomerang ones but I still have the red sabres.

Need a new bumper and wheels.... and some lovely alu gearbox cases if you have any spare :D

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 2,739
That's a nice buggy, have a look on the bay for bits or take a gander over on tamiyaclub.com ;)

If I'd known that you were looking for bits a few months ago, I basically gave away a complete but stripped Thunder Dragon, which is the same chassis (kind of). It had almost perfect wheels and a good bumper. too. :roll:

Back