Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:43 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:38 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

i believe in fixies wrote:
Oh but you can. You just have to mark it as positive, doesn't mean that the wording can't be negative. Just remember to leave a follow up message with more negative wording, your eye gets drawn to those when you scan feedback.

That explains the Dutch guy selling jon rocks Klein Moon rise. He has 100% But one e-bayer wasn't happy and did that.
I wonder what the buyer will say about the Klein paint work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:24 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

sylus wrote:
you still can't leave negative feedback as a seller no matter how pissed off you are :(

Not if worded correctly :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:30 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I'm going through this ATM. Sold a bike on Sunday and not a dickybird, yes i know its 2 days but if I've bought something i pay up straightaway or as soon as possible and let the seller know. It is 100% daft that as aggrieved seller your not allowed to leave appropriate feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 pm 
Retro Guru

My wife always puts 'all payments must be made withinh 24 hours of the end of auction or the item will be relisted' if you are bidding on something you should have the readies to stump up immediately. If they don't pay open a dispute and relist the item with 'Relisted due to non payment' in big letters at the top of the ad.

She sold an iMac, the guy sent a cheque as deposit and then came to pick it up and started trying to beat the price down and said he didn't have enough money, told him to bugger off then the cheeky sod said seeing as we wouldn't sell at his price we should pay his petrol money :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm 
Retro Guru

Open an unpaid item dispute through ebay, if they dont respond to it within 7 days, theyll get a strike and get your selling fees refunded to you

Neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm 
Retro Guru

If I know for whatever reason that I'm not in a position to pay immediately when an auction closes I always ask the seller if they're ok with waiting for payment for 'x' days before I even put my bid in. Common decency says buyers who can't pay straight away should be employing this simple communication method with sellers, to just go quiet after winning and not paying is plain rude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:16 pm 

B77 wrote:
My wife always puts 'all payments must be made withinh 24 hours of the end of auction or the item will be relisted' if you are bidding on something you should have the readies to stump up immediately. If they don't pay open a dispute and relist the item with 'Relisted due to non payment' in big letters at the top of the ad.

Im quite sure you can request immediate payment upon winning the item either bin or auction.
That said it comes to mind that may be bin priced only :?
Check it out though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:17 pm 
eBay Outing Master

retrocomeback wrote:
If I know for whatever reason that I'm not in a position to pay immediately when an auction closes I always ask the seller if they're ok with waiting for payment for 'x' days before I even put my bid in. Common decency says buyers who can't pay straight away should be employing this simple communication method with sellers, to just go quiet after winning and not paying is plain rude.

See..now I think that's rude^^^^

If you can't pay straight away and expect the seller to wait for it I think you should contact the seller BEFORE you bid to see if that's okay with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:19 pm 
Dirt Disciple

sylus wrote:
retrocomeback wrote:

See..now I think that's rude^^^^

If you can't pay straight away and expect the seller to wait for it I think you should contact the seller BEFORE you bid to see if that's okay with them.

That's what he said....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 pm 
eBay Outing Master

nope..he said when an auction closes...i said before you bid