how do you upload photos

supersamba66

Dirt Disciple
not really into computers....would rather build bikes.....can someone explain in lamens terms how to send pics to the forum....cheers.

I'd like to know how as well it keeps saying mine are too big havent a clue how to make them smaller.
Organic Phil

I've always used Photobucket... (that's a link for you to click on BTW ;) )

...really easy to set up; and free :cool:

When you have set up your account log in and click on the green 'Upload' button; assuming you have your photo's saved on your computer click the 'My Computer' button and click on the 'Select photo's and videos' button.

Click on the folder where you have saved your photo's, select the photo's you want to upload (if you double click them the upload will automatically start); if you want to upload more than one photo click on the first one then hold down the 'Shift' key (up arrow key below the 'caps' key) and click on the last one and they will all upload.

When they have finished uploading click on the button that says 'Save and continue to album...'

You will see a list of the photo's you have just uploaded, with a drop-down menu under each; move your mouse to the box next to 'IMG code' and it should automatically change to 'copied' (if it doesn't, click in the box and it will highlight the code; then right click and click 'copy').

Go back to your 'New Topic/Post Reply' window I'm assuimg you have already started, right click and 'Paste' the code into what you have typed.

Click the 'Preview' button and you should see your photo' ready to be 'Submitted' :cool:

"Oi Granny, you can stop sucking on that egg now..."

excellent.jpg
... :cool:

Organid Phil:

BTW = By the way.

If you need to make the pictures smaller to post them:
In Photobucket click the picture in your album to open it on its own, click on the top edge of the picture, a 'resize' option will drop down.
680x480 or 400x400 are both pretty good sizes to post...not huge, but big enough to till have decent detail.

This will overwrite the larger original image, so go via the 'edit' (rather than 'resize') option if you want to save a smaller version of your original. This is more involved, but gives more editing possibilities.

All the best,

Photo bucket for me too.

Fast and easy, upload from your computer or phone....then just copy and paste to the website.

Back