Car Insurance - Named Driver No Claims

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hiya,

The time has almost come for myself and SWMBO to renew our car insurance.

She's got 4 years no claims and has held her license for 11 years.
I've only been driving for 6 months, and as such have 0 no claims.
I've been the named driver on our car for the past 6 months.

My girlfriend will be the main driver on the policy, and I will be a named driver. I want to earn my own no claims discount as a named driver, and wondered whether anyone else does this, and who you use?

The only quote I've had is from Co-Operative Insurance, and whilst I can earn my own no claims discount as a named driver, the discount is non-transferrable, meaning that the only way I could benefit from it would be by taking out a policy with them when the time comes, which kind of ties me in a little bit!

Aviva and Direct Line both offer named driver no claims, but Direct Line quoted double what Co-Op quoted, and Aviva won't let me earn my own no claims discount unless we have a second car which is also insured through them(!).

I've been in touch with my local insurance brokers and the only company who they deal with who offer a named driver no claims discount is Aviva, so they're out of the question..

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Why do you want to earn your own NCD ? switching genders, my wife has been a named driver on my insurance for the last 17 years or so...no need for her to have any NCD.

Planning on splitting up :)

Shaun

Midlife":1q46vqpw said:
Why do you want to earn your own NCD ? switching genders, my wife has been a named driver on my insurance for the last 17 years or so...no need for her to have any NCD.

Planning on splitting up :)

Shaun

Haha, nothing like that ;)

I'd just like to start to earn my own NCD that's all, so at least if I have to insure a car for myself in future, I'll get it a bit cheaper..

Midlife":300vm781 said:
Planning on splitting up

Barneyballbags":300vm781 said:
Haha, nothing like that ;)

I'd just like to start to earn my own NCD that's all, so at least if I have to insure a car for myself in future, I'll get it a bit cheaper..

Ahhh, so planning a midlife crisis then ;)

G

unkleGsif":232oaife said:
Ahhh, so planning a midlife crisis then ;)

G

Already planned it... Skyline R34 GTR in a few years time. That's why I need all the help I can get when it comes to insurance!

i had 20 years of ncd up till about 6 years ago when i sold my car and was
only driving wifeys car
i bought a cheap astra last year , the insurance tell me that i have lost all but 2 years ncd

shower of bastards
however this year i'm up to 60%ncd ?

Back