Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Bike snobs in our old age ???

Or it just a few of us??

I like Konas as many of you know, but I like other bikes and designs aswell.

Some bikes are not my cup of tea look wise but I can see that the person who owns the bikes , likes them and enjoys them.

Each to their own and tastes etc

rojo":1rj114qc said:
Bike snobs in our old age ???

Or it just a few of us??
As we approach and pass middle age, we all become like Victor Meldrew.

He's the subtle, quiet, "Tyler Durden" without-being-Tyler-Durden of those of advancing years.

If it hasn't happened yet, it will - mark my words - "Sooner or later, we all became what Tyler wanted us to be."

Hate it when an oldish 'new comer' comes into bike riding after watching the TdeF and talks well about how grand
his carbon crapper is and when I tell him I ride steelies they turn the deaf ear on and looks the other way,
When I get on the road I show them how a 30 year old bike really goes well and leave them for dead.

to a degree yes. I'm to old for low price budget shit like Halfords & co But proper vintage is different. That's ice cold cool :cool:

mass199":15m0z14v said:
Not me....people can ride and wear what they want, life's too short ;)
I feel the same matey! Even if they want to use a garmin instead of a paper map!

One friend is very strange he likes riders who ride retro bikes but anyone who rides a modern bike, well he snubs them :roll:

At the moment he has a anger issues against the clubmates who use garmins as he says they are dangerous to use.

Bloody hate Raleighs... Especially my Raleigh Rode Ace, and my Yukon, and my Peak, and my Apex and my Mirage, and my Record...

Dont get me started on Konas! Bloody Hahahahahahanas, my Kiluea, my bloody Chute, that Fire Mountain and my Cindercone...

Dawes? Aghhhhhh! My 3 Galaxies, 2 Sardars, 3 Horizons... Gawd luvva duck...

Then there were the GT's, JEEEEEZE!! At least 10 of the buggers...

Bloody hate bikes me.

Ian Raleigh":rgm0mza3 said:
Hate it when an oldish 'new comer' comes into bike riding after watching the TdeF and talks well about how grand
his carbon crapper is and when I tell him I ride steelies they turn the deaf ear on and looks the other way,
When I get on the road I show them how a 30 year old bike really goes well and leave them for dead.

well done sir! give them a right royal stuffing for me.... :LOL:

Ian Raleigh":rgm0mza3 said:
as he says they are dangerous to use.

do they have sharp edges?

Latest posts

Back