broadband speeds.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
ok, i just tested my broadband speed, i think it has hit an all time low.

334 kbps. i'm fed up watching that green bar slowly creep up.

but i'm changing to bt broadband on friday, hopefully will be getting good speeds from then on.

so far with sky broadband, it has been a terrible broadband service.

who else has had the same problems with sky broadband or any others.

does bt have a good service.

i value all opinions on broadband speeds.

thanks, jeff.

I was on Sky until about 6 months ago and got a max download speed of 2mb. Switched to BT infinity and now enjoy a consistent 30mb download and 10mb upload, well worth the extra £10 a month in my opinion.

I've been with BT for years and seen my speed slowly increase to a max of about 2.6mb about three years ago, with no improvement since.

This is entirely down to the fact that we are a long way from the nearest exchange with no access to Infinity.

Is BT reliable? Yes I think they are pretty good these days. We used to have some pretty dodgy services a few years ago, but things have improved a lot since then. I still occasionally have to reset the 'black box', but I think that is more down to the 30 year old knackered wiring out in the road than anything else.

I'm on BT and currently getting 20mb download and 1mb upload.

Didn't realise it was this quick so quite happy now :D

I'm with Virgin, pay for 10Mb and my speed is normally between 9.5 and 10. I don't need any faster than that but I get a free doubling of my connection in October anyway.

My speed ranges from 500kb to 2mb (on a very very rare good day!).

I am with sky but if I change to BT will be on the same line so seems pretty pointless.

Unfortunately I am about 6 miles from the telephone exchange and have no access to fibre optic from virgin or BT infinity etc.

I have emailed the MP etc but the consensus seems to be that things are in the pipeline just have to wait. . . . . . . 2015!

Lucky to get 1.2 and apparently 88% of the country has faster speed according the speedtest.net

I used to be with Orange and I was on an upto 8mb service (ADSL1???). I would get a solid 7 meg all day everyday. Then they upgraded me to upto 20meg (ADSL2) and at times I would get about 8 meg but other times I would get less than 0.5. Also Orange don't have any customer service department. They do have a number you can phone and people you can talk 'at', which cost you money, but as I said they don't offer any customer support. I'm sure it's just a room full of people with keyboards so they can pretend to type when they are talking to you.

I'm with Talk Talk now, they seem pretty good and are nice and cheap. Speed wont set the world on fire but I get around 8 meg and I haven't really noticed it dropping off at peak times. I'm sure I could get a few extra meg too if my router wasn't on the end of a 40ft extension cable.

Back