UPS no longer ship frames

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
I've just had an Email from interparcel with whom I was intending to send a frame to Yorkshire. Apparently, bicycle frames are now on UPS's prohibited list and can no longer be carried by them.
That's a shame , since I send all my stuff with them given the chance. No longer though!
Bye bye UPS...

:shock:

They just picked a full bike up from me, a couple of hours ago, destination Belgium...

On UPS if you say it is a bike/frame they will knock it back. Happened to me recently. I used parcel force through senditnow instead, which was fine, and cheaper.

GT-Steve":13ce9k2n said:

They just picked a full bike up from me, a couple of hours ago, destination Belgium...

Let me know when it arrives back at your place. :LOL:

If they send it back, they'd better refund you as well. Worst-case scenario, just pick a different courier and we'll sort out the extra cost.

Of the three bikes people have used UPS to ship to me, one had a top tube bent a couple of inches (vertically :shock: ), one had the rear derailleur destroyed and the dropout/hanger was bent, and the other's box was ripped open and parts were missing, so I'm guessing UPS has come to the conclusion that they can't ship bicycles without effing up on a regular basis.

Raging_Bulls":1s4lybed said:
GT-Steve":1s4lybed said:

Let me know when it arrives back at your place. :LOL:

If they send it back, they'd better refund you as well. Worst-case scenario, just pick a different courier and we'll sort out the extra cost.

I'm confident it'll be fine, Xavier.. ;) :cool:

I've packaged it to within an inch of it's life... ;) There's more polystyrene in there than you could begin to imagine... :LOL:

I've had another Email clarifying the situation:
UPS do still ship frames, but not through interparcel, and interparcel do ship frames with their other couriers.
Combined with UPS today cancelling collection of some forks, ordered yesterday, and being unable to guarantee the anticipated delivery on Friday, I'm not chuffed.
I had some forks delivered this evening 6.30 ish, that were sent yesterdayon 48hr by Yodel...

Back