members with no posts

passiflora

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Had a couple of people recently

buster3007

registered since 2011, no posts,wants to buy etc.

Is this a scam?

Tar

I think there are lot's of people who register out of curiosity and just in case they need to send a PM at some point. Not having any posts isn't a prerequisite of a scammer.

As always with any trading, follow the guidelines, don't use paypal gift payments and make sure you exchange contact details.

There's an old internet marketing trick where someone registers as a forum member, creates a sig that's full of links to the website that they want to push up the search engine rankings -- but never posts a message on the forum.

Google spiders the member's profile and finds the links, but the moderator of the forum never catches on... ;)

I recently sold some chainrings to a guy that usually browses the forum but never posts, he was really in need of those for her daughters bike and PMed me and bought them, all went well with the sale.
Funny cause in comparison I got scammed from a member with a couple hundreds of posts... :s

some people are shy :LOL:

i know a few members who are on here but have never posted....even been to the meets ;)

saltyman":ojeskmfb said:

i know a few members who are on here but have never posted....even been to the meets ;)

how come they don't care about that glorious retrobike rider badge? :D

I have signed up to some websites which have ultra valuable information which you either cant see until registered or a specific member knows more. Obviously you found it and registered so is of some interest to you.

there are some very long standing lurkers i have found ,but if buying from me i would have no issue. i have had many good dealings with members with very few posts who come here only to get a certain part and who are perhaps not as obsessed as some of us :roll:

Believe it or not, there are a large number of people out there (in all specific interest groups, not just old bikes), who like to join sites for access to articles, read build threads and buy parts for their own projects, who don't feel the need to voice opinions at every opportunity, comment on every thread that pops up even if unrelated to said interest group, or proffer up so called "expert" opinions based on perconceived notion that their experience is right

Then of course, there's Al, his fascination with pies, old VW's, and shite jokes ;)

G

t-stoff":1ybnm7ob said:
saltyman":1ybnm7ob said:

how come they don't care about that glorious retrobike rider badge? :D

Some of my pals don't even ride there bikes, prefer to talk about them only :LOL:

Back