Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Following a discussion on Saturday at Innerleithen interested as to how many of us have been to France.

I'm unfortunately too scared to leave the island, scared of boats and flying so I will never get to France, :( My son has been though

Alison

Isaac_AG":16z31nm9 said:
I'm unfortunately too scared to leave the island, scared of boats and flying so I will never get to France, :( My son has been though

Alison

You can get the train?

Tazio":27l4mhxs said:
Isaac_AG":27l4mhxs said:

Alison

You can get the train?
But that's under water, anything could happen :shock:

Alison

Go to france in a big long tube submerged underwater, half built by the french and half built by the british, centuries after Eiffel and IKB's heyday - does that sound safer than flying? Have you never seen "Daylight" with Sylvester Stallone?

I've been to Chamonix a few times - only for skiing though, would love to go mtbing there as it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

Been to France several times. Cycled across it twice and I love it.
Nothing better than packing away a tent at dawn and riding for an hour or so until the Boulangeries open, then having freshly baked croissants and coffee by the roadside in the sunshine.

Once you are deep into 'back country' France it does help to speak a little of the language and when you're on a bike you get a lot of respect and friendly conversation.

Motorists attitude to cyclists is so much better in France too.

I'm hoping to get over there on a bike again next summer.

Le Mans. 3 times

Hardly entirely representative of the French nation, but awesome none the less!

G

Back