Bike shop service

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
While on holiday in the Cotswolds last week, I forgot to pack the shim for my youngest's tag-along. Having spent twenty minutes shredding my fingers on a tin can and poking bits of bark into the gap between the seatpost and bracket I gave up. My wife's suggestion of "you really could just go to a bike shop and stop trying to bodge it" was heeded and off I went with seatpost and bracket in hand to the nearest I could find.

I ended up at this place

http://www.go-by-cycle.co.uk

Though mainly a hire shop it appeared they do some repairs. The chap who helped me I assume was the owner. He immediately offered to lend me bits off his hire fleet on trust alone which unfortunately didn't fit. While he went off to look though his boxes he left me to rummage through his spares drawers for a bolt I had snapped bodging the bracket. It looked like I wouldn't get the right shim at which point he went to a shelf of Controltech and USE seatposts, ripped open a USE one and found the right one! A fiver later and I had the bits needed to get the kids back on the road.

What great service! Wasn't any profit in it and being a holiday place not really likely I'd go back just wanted to help out. Big difference to my LBS who are surly and unhelpful it seems for anything less than a £2k time trial bike!

Back