Something's been stuck in my craw the last week-ish *update*

FMJ

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My town and neighbouring Hamilton have one of the best bike lane and path systems in North America. The last week or so I've been riding the Northshore loop along the bay on and off and noticed this: someones been cutting the edge of their driveway (probably a soccer mom in an Escalade or Armada), digging up the grass, and dragging dirt and stones onto the bike lane. It's been like that for a couple of week. Myself, I usually use the road, as the bike lane has more debris on it, but pop over into it if there's a car approaching from behind. There are however a lot of the new generation green cyclists on cruisers and city bikes that stay in the lane (fear?) and it would be a hazard to them, so it's been annoying me.

79BE2AC9-E143-4505-9440-240299DB7439-1532-00000291784BA8FC.jpg

Now we're not talking hillbillys here. Northshore Blvd. is ain an affluent part of town, waterfront property, and this particular lot is on about 400' of the bay. I'd say from the prices in the hood it would be worth about $7-10 million.

4AD24E60-B4DE-4234-B86B-17AFEF49B08F-1532-000002917FA464B6.jpg

On yesterday's ride, I saw a 10 man landscaping crew doing the lawns/bushes/edging/etc. and figured they'd clean it up and fix the grass while they were there. Rode by today, nada. So, what to do, what to do.......

Being the civic minded guy that I am, I decide to correct the issue myself, as the city doesn't seem to be all that worried about it.

7C273C20-8687-4932-B7C3-480427D04B39-1532-00000291896ADBE1.jpg

Problem solved!

Yeah, I could have shoveled it into the hole the tires has created, but I found my solution to both solve the problem and send a message to the inconsiderate prick at the same time. :LOL: Yes, I can be a vindictive SOB. Sue me.

36B55C2E-ED5D-4C83-A600-4DA4315E8D84-1532-000002919008CB25.jpg

I'll bet they don't even notice,seeing as they obviously aren't looking where they are going. It would have made more sense for you to just sweep up all the mess, tidy up and take it with you.

Along with a couple of buckets of soil from under that puddle. That they would notice :twisted:

Edited due to iphone keyboard

SWEET!

Affirmative action, I love it.

I have a small strip of grass that separates my driveway from that of my neighbour. There is a drop in height from my driveway to the next of about two or three inches.

When we moved in, there were an older couple living next door and for some reason the chap decided to start cutting the corner across the grass to get onto his drive. From the condition of the grass before this started, he'd never done it before and I took it as a sort of territorial , alpha dog type of move and ignored it.

Well it got worse and worse, to the point where he was cutting so much of the corner, that about a foot of this grass was becoming a mashed up muddy mess, just like the grass in the picture, so I took action.

While he was out one Sunday afternoon, I put three big lumps of rock into the hole, and repaired the level, so that the main lump of the rock was proud of the ground by about six inches. I went in and really forgot about the whole thing.

At about ten o'clock that evening, there was a banging scraping noise, the kind you get when a saloon car drives over a six inch high rock :shock:

Amazingly, he never said a thing and he never cut across my driveway again ;)

@ Neilm love it chap, sneaky but completely justifiable you were doing a repair.

@ fmj good work chap. Fill the puddle with old nails scraps of metal anything sharp and pointy couple of tyres and they should get the message.
Its not as if the driveway isnt wide enough.

poweredbypies":2zsgbiou said:
@ fmj good work chap. Fill the puddle with old nails scraps of metal anything sharp and pointy couple of tyres and they should get the message.
Its not as if the driveway isnt wide enough.

I like the thinking, but thats just not cool, someone could get properly hurt if you did that. Not to say i havent thought those sort of thoughts before but that could come back to bite you in the ass.

unlike a big muddy hole that if an innocent falls in may just get muddy.

Back