Ebay bid confirm taking too long. Buffering?? HELP!!

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Thats twice tonight ive bid in the closing seconds and the confirm has taken so long i lost out[+ probably would have won]
I usually press within 6 seconds but the last auction confirm took 12 seconds to go through hence item sells for a single bid
I dont think its my computer or internet as im supposedly getting close to 16 meg** on average.
Is it possible myself and the winning bidder have pressed confirm at the exact same time?

** somebody that knows please explain the 'other' bit of the download speed requirement, as im sure that although it says its high the provider can limit your speed or bandwidth or something like that :?
Ive noticed a lot that at weird times my speed seriously slows down.This can happen at 2am watching a vid on you tube when the vid starts 'buffering'
I mean who the hell else is on at that time :? certainly a few in and around the area i live in but as im on up to 20meg and actually get 16+ its highly unlikely its because of high traffic.I mean friday night at 7pm i get no problems
Im going to phone[talktalk] tomorrow and moan at them but id like a little forehand knowledge before i do.

Today i had a similar problem whilst bid confirming on a pro2 rear.I pressed confirm with about 10 seconds to go when i usually hit it at 6 seconds but it went on and on,well past the 10 seconds remaining.I thought id lost it but it finally came back as the win.

Any ideas ,suggestions?

Do you have a program open that is perhaps using power? Utorrent is normally one to check or similar.

They can cap your speed (anytime they want i found with virgin) if you download a lot etc.

For ebay use gixen.com

Sppedtest : this one is quite accurate: http://speedtester.bt.com/beta/

Line speed over a phone line varies wildly, distance from exchange, cbale quality etc.

Slow down times, usually contention with many users on your subnet. Middle of the night could be other users downloading a shed load when download limits are not in force.
Most providers have a transfer limit, uploading and downloading, go over this limit suring peak hours and your connection speed can be throttled for a set amount of time.

Back