Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:21 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:35 pm
Posts: 2784
Neil wrote:
unkleGsif wrote:
bigmick wrote:
.....how do you prove collection in a dispute if paid by paypal

technodup wrote:
You can't. Which is why collections should be paid in person.
....


Following the insistance of a buyer to pay by paypal only to collect in person, I have had the Mrs take a surreptitious photo of him collecting the item from me.... only to have a dispute raised for non receipt of item

Not sure if paypal would have accepted it as evidence, as he dropped the case before I got to send it to them, when I sent him the photo with the item in his hands and a smile on his face...
Cheeky tw*t :lol:


G

Loving that - did he reply / respond with anything or just go a big rubbery one?


Clammed up tighter than 20year old seatpost :wink:


G


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Bournemouth
bigmick wrote:
letting the buyer supply the courier could leave you open to item not received claim


no it couldn't, because legally, he receives it as soon as courier collects it. This is down to what's known in the trade as incoterms. If you sell EXW (ex works) buyer takes responsibility of both risk and cost as soon as it leaves the sellers door.

Therefore legally, if it got damaged with the courier, the only way they could claim is if you didn't pack it properly. If the courier damages it or loses, and it was packed properly, it is their responsibility.

However, the way paypal works, it is a risk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:24 am
Posts: 713
Location: Edinburgh
Pyro Tim wrote:
bigmick wrote:
letting the buyer supply the courier could leave you open to item not received claim


no it couldn't, because legally, he receives it as soon as courier collects it. This is down to what's known in the trade as incoterms. If you sell EXW (ex works) buyer takes responsibility of both risk and cost as soon as it leaves the sellers door.

Therefore legally, if it got damaged with the courier, the only way they could claim is if you didn't pack it properly. If the courier damages it or loses, and it was packed properly, it is their responsibility.

However, the way paypal works, it is a risk
you start off saying it cant happen

but end up saying it can


so what is your point



there is a risk if you allow someone to pay by paypal and arrange their own courier or pick it up themselves


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:19 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Bournemouth
my point was legally, it can't happen, however, as we all know paypal doesn't always seem to follow logic, or legallity, it has it's own rules.

You get the courier to sign for it as the buyers proxy. I'm sure it would stand up in court, just not sure about paypal


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group