went to the peak district today

stew-b

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
never been before depite it only being 90 mins away,i was trekking today not biking,there was bloody snow at the top! very nice but a bit windy lol :shock:

040.jpg

Where's the pic taken mate?

I've been going up to Edale/Kinder/Castelton/Hope for nearly 20 years, walking, climbing, caving and of course MTB'ing :)

cool...so which way did you get up there from....Edale via Grindsbrook, Foxholes and across Pyms Chair and Edale Rocks, or up Jacobs Ladder/Edale Cross?

Or maybe from Hayfield via Mermaids Pool.... ;)

parked in hayfield and went up william clough,turned round at downfall as it was getting late,got back to car at 4.20,getting dark!

Judging by your face Kinder Downfall was probably going upwards, yeah?

If you look on an OS map there is a brilliant MTB route then runs up behind Peveril Castle in Castelton and across to Eldon Quarry...then up a narrow road that brings you out onto Rushup Edge...cross the road and head towards Brown Knoll and you'll see a worn track heading off NW...this is Chapel Gate track which is a real white knuckle loose downhill with all sorts of surfaces....it could be where the pic of Jez was taken on his salsa on the hompeage.... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/index.php?paged=2

looks like it to me....brilliant route, just look out for the dynamiting and quarry lorries :shock:

Back