Fedex Customs/Import Charges AFTER i Recieve Goods!

thesneaker

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Got a packet from the USA sent and delivered by Fedex, no issues straight to the door and signed for...............

2 weeks later i get a letter from them saying i owe them X amount customs/import tax :shock:

When i have had to pay charges its always been BEFORE they deliver, have Fedex just made an error here and delivered by mistake?

Or has this happened to anybody else?

That's normal for a FedEx delivery, I was a bit shocked the first time it happened to me, thought i'd got away with no customs charge, but no luck, charge always seemed a bit higher than normal aswell. :x

klaw71":tnpweao2 said:
That's normal for a FedEx delivery, I was a bit shocked the first time it happened to me, thought i'd got away with no customs charge, but no luck, charge always seemed a bit higher than normal aswell. :x

Yeah i thought i had got away with it as well, seller promised me he would mark as a "gift" and lower value, the bastards didn't :twisted:

Now i got to find £500 :roll:

ignore it. Things get lost in the post ;) If any more arrive from them send them back 'not know at this address'

Fedex usually try it on. Challenge the amount,, and you'll probably find they have made a "mistake".
What were you buying that is due £500 duty? :shock:

cyfa2809":3vh4o20m said:
Find it from the seller.

Emailed him but don't rate my chances :(

tintin40":3vh4o20m said:
ignore it. Things get lost in the post ;) If any more arrive from them send them back 'not know at this address'

Thought about doing that, whats the worst that can happen :?:

suburbanreuben":3vh4o20m said:
Fedex usually try it on. Challenge the amount,, and you'll probably find they have made a "mistake".
What were you buying that is due £500 duty? :shock:

The "goods" came to, and were declared at $2000/£1300, £500 does seem steep to me.

Personally I'd ignore it but only if you do not expect to use the customs route with fed ex again.

Same here, bought a four figure camera lens and actually came home from the holiday I bought it for to find a request for a couple hundred.

I'm normally a chancer but I just paid up, making me wonder now if I could have ducked and dived? ;)

thesneaker":x4wpvkib said:
klaw71":x4wpvkib said:

Yeah i thought i had got away with it as well, seller promised me he would mark as a "gift" and lower value, the bastards didn't :twisted:

Now i got to find £500 :roll:

i think if he marks it lower and the package dose disappear all he can claim is the marked value

Back