Torque wrench

jujupunk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I need a torque wrench any affordable recommendations?

Would you recommend Draper or should I spend more?

C :cool:

I am not a lover of anything Halfords but their Professional range of tools is pretty well priced.....

Is it car / bike you want ?

Shaun

Bike... thinking of getting something like this but getting the allen key bits for the bike

draper-34487-12-square-drive-0-21kgm-or-00064597L.jpg

Any experience with these??

Anything cheap will be inaccurate after a few uses and not really worth the effort. If you can afford it the Halfords ones are great and stay accurate for ages, they're not cheap but worth the investment IMHO.

Ive got two Halfords Pro range torque wrenches and for the money I cant fault them.
But Jujupunk stay clear of that type of wrench their crap.

The deflection type pic above are ok but they do require a steady hand and Sharp eye I use norbars trutorqe range pricey but worth it as I'm always using them a few times each week if your on a budget save a little and get a halfords one you won't go far wrong with its life time warranty

the only problem with the halfrauds jobbies is they don't sell one that measures below 10nm. A lot of the stuff that needs to be torqued on a push bike requires values around the 5-6nm range hence I'm still looking for one thats measures from 0nm upwards so thanks for the Chain Reaction link, didn't think to look there ;)

Norbar trutorqe 0-20nm will set you back £70 cheaper if you shop around taylors in Lowestoft is the cheapest I've found but only takes cheques or cash though

Back