That annoying noise.

gavinda

Senior Retro Guru
So I've neglected the SS lately but went out tonight for a quick ride on it and remembered an annoying noise that had started happening a coupe of rides ago that I couldn't source. Well when I got home I gave the bike a good scrub down and whipped the chain off for a scrub.

Found my problem :)

ad0bd059.jpg

It was on the inside of the chain line it was only when I was rubbing it down with a rag and it snagged that I saw it.

I must have ridden about 50 miles like that :oops: :LOL:

Im actually well impressed with the chain as it goes. Considering I pushed my hardest up some biggish hills and yesterday was an hour and a halts good riding. Im not sure how long its been like that, but that noise has been about for too long.

Of course I'll probably. Hangs the chain and find the noise still there.

Incidentally, the bike is second hand and as I'm unsure of the mileage on the previous cogs, would it be a worthwhile job to just replace them at the same time and if so , any suggestions?

Pulled away from a roundabout last week giving it a lot of effort as Mikey was catching up.Heard a click and didnt think anything of it next downward effort snap left knee hits the bars cars avoid me luckilly, freewheel around inside of roundabout enough momentum to get off at correct exit.Mikey pushes me home.That was the end of a Sachs PC1.It had done e few miles though.

Ive got a creak clunk click coming off my drivetrain :? and it is damned annoying.
Cycling in a long tunnel is good for finding out what noise is coming from where,too much noise on the road or even in the house and the drivetrain rides slightly differently when theres weight on it.
Ive tried tweaking the rear mech and giving the chain a clean and lube.Next thing to try is take the whole lot off and clean and regrease pivots.bolts and meeting faces :?

I hate noises :x

Back