Have Shimano ever made forks?

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
not sure why i'm asking this question, but just wondered if they had done anything like this or unusual/rare...???

Stems, seatposts and dropouts but never seen a fork. There might be some around but probably instantly obsolete for the next years new product release due to different steerer size or thread or technological leap forward in forkness...

I seem to remember them having a fork from 94 or so? Porbably completely wrong there though but im do recall seeing it pop up recently on here - or im dreaming. Yeah, probably that.

I don't remember ever seeing a Shimano (suspension?) fork.

I don't remember lots of things though.

i was told by a madison rep (uk shimano importer) a few years ago that they were asked to help redesign some of the manitou range when they all went tits up! the r7 for example. don't know if they actually did though

Actually there was a short travel fork for the Nexus series a few years ago....

I know more than I am letting on about this as I could get sued. But Shimano "appear" to also have had protoype forks made for them by others. And their adoption of 15mm standard before anyone else should lead to some conclusions being drawn.

i did forget about their hook up with fox, i remember that nexus fork aswel, the first shop i worked in sold a lot of dutch style hybrids with full mudgards and nexus gears, mainly Giant, seem to remember one had a rear shock

Back