SantaCruz Demo fleet stolen from Ilkley....

Whilst it's a terrible thing to have happened, and something that I wouldn't wish on anybody, as far as I can see (and from the info provided in the description), they were all left together in a van.

That's asking for trouble, however I hope they all get found and returned.

Hopefully they'll learn from their mistake next time and put the bikes in a more secure location. Of course there could be a perfectly good reason why they were left in the van - I'm just going by the info provided.

I'm guessing they were parked up on route to or after a demo day, probably didn't have an option.

Although with 20-30k of bikes in the back, a loud car alarm/flashy light type device might have been a good idea, along with chassis mounted ground anchors.

Don't know what the thiefs did to get these, but I doubt it was a lone Jakey stumbling about after the pub - professionals I suspect.

A van with big pictures and words on the side that more-or-less says lots of expensive bikes inside, help yourself.

Dear lordy ive gone blind :shock: who designed that site the writing is giving me a headache.

On the serious side ,what can you do :? certainly you cant completely guard against this sort of theft.Although that said TK's suggestion on chassis mounted anchors would probably result in some fool wrecking the lot attempting to pry them off.As to an alarm,how many times have you heard a car alarm or house alarm go off and didnt investigate.Seems the only sure way is to park inside a lock up or have a security guard on station :?

Hope they find the scum and the judge takes note of the total cost and throws the book at them.
From what i gather these days its highly likely they end up in a shipping container and are sent abroad for splitting or for sale. :?

I think the only real way of protecting the bikes and their components is to use the smart water stuff,sure its not guaranteed to prevent theft or the headache for the people losing their stuff or even the duped buyer :? but if the potential theives know its been used it might put them off trying in the first place.

Back