Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:08 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:24 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:09 pm
Posts: 768
Location: Upton on Severn, Worcestershire
Congratulations Nige, I hope the three of you are all well.

Welcome to the world of little sleep and much happiness :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:45 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:31 pm
Posts: 1181
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Congrats! Expecting my second in January :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:21 pm
Posts: 275
Location: Paignton
Congratulations!!! :D

Make sure you grease your bikes properly before closing them in the shed/garage for some time now ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:53 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 4007
Location: uk
LOL :D ......i think we will be getting a baby buggy asap so can still cycle, although one with suspension for off road would be better :shock: :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:52 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 3973
Location: Brighton
just sell your bikes now please :)
congratulations! i'm 28, have a son of 2 years. trying for another. i'm just waiting for the day he has the attention span to be able to hold the tools while i work on my bikes :P
you have no idea how precious sleep is. its the one thing you wont appreciate until it is savagely ripped from your life from right under your feet.
on the plus side, when they first say daddy.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:56 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 4007
Location: uk
LOL :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:04 pm
Posts: 439
Location: Somerset
twain wrote:
just sell your bikes now please :)
congratulations! i'm 28, have a son of 2 years. trying for another. i'm just waiting for the day he has the attention span to be able to hold the tools while i work on my bikes :P
you have no idea how precious sleep is. its the one thing you wont appreciate until it is savagely ripped from your life from right under your feet.
on the plus side, when they first say daddy.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D


My two boys are now 5 and 6 so ideal for helping pass the tools! :D

Despite the lack of sleep every little thing they do will make it all worth while! Enjoy it and remember to take plenty of photos as they grow seriously quickly and time will fly past!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:03 am 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 5663
Location: Don't mess with monkeys, man
Forget sleep, hobbies, your own life for quite a while.

Get in there from the off (even if they're both in hospital for a couple of days) - do as much if not more than mum for things like nappy changes, baths, feeding (assuming bottles or expressed).

The more you do, early on, the more you'll feel comfortable doing - so that you can take care of the baby just as well as your better half - so if she's ill, tired, just needs a break, you can do it all without needing to mither her.

Don't let there be things you can't / won't do for the baby - because being able to manage all things yourself, I found, was very useful, especially in the early months.

Hope mum and baby are both doing fine and are healthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:31 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 3973
Location: Brighton
Neil wrote:
Forget sleep, hobbies, your own life for quite a while.

Get in there from the off (even if they're both in hospital for a couple of days) - do as much if not more than mum for things like nappy changes, baths, feeding (assuming bottles or expressed).

The more you do, early on, the more you'll feel comfortable doing - so that you can take care of the baby just as well as your better half - so if she's ill, tired, just needs a break, you can do it all without needing to mither her.

Don't let there be things you can't / won't do for the baby - because being able to manage all things yourself, I found, was very useful, especially in the early months.

Hope mum and baby are both doing fine and are healthy.



some sound advice right there :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:42 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2920
Location: Dorset
twain wrote:
Neil wrote:
Forget sleep, hobbies, your own life for quite a while.

Get in there from the off (even if they're both in hospital for a couple of days) - do as much if not more than mum for things like nappy changes, baths, feeding (assuming bottles or expressed).

The more you do, early on, the more you'll feel comfortable doing - so that you can take care of the baby just as well as your better half - so if she's ill, tired, just needs a break, you can do it all without needing to mither her.

Don't let there be things you can't / won't do for the baby - because being able to manage all things yourself, I found, was very useful, especially in the early months.

Hope mum and baby are both doing fine and are healthy.



some sound advice right there :)


That sure is good advice there, its a team effort with children. I did as much as i could when my 2 were born not because i had to but because i wanted to. I know many fathers who have never changed nappies, nightfeeds etc which is such a shame.

One bit of advice is get some earplugs, for when its your turn to sleep if you are a light sleeper :D

And both of you will need some time away especially when the euphoria has gone, so a hobby once a week will do wonders.

And forget housework for a while.

And if the little one is crying and its making you mad, get out of the house it always sounds far better outdoors. I use to take mine around Poole park in the early hours with a travel mug of coffee and watch the sun come up 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: xerxes and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group