mobile phone spam woes

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
im getting these morons calling me all day long every day.....churchill loans or some such dribble.....heres the phone number ...feel free to make them a call ...

i even threatened them with a lawsuit to see if that worked.since then they have phoned ten times in 2 days...
ive now installed a call blocker app to see if that works...if not then im going on some car insurance sites for some spurious car quotes.using this a a contact number should anyone else feel like using this frikkin number on any dodgy sites then feel free.i hope they like 1000 calls a day about accidents i should claim for that ive never had or such like... :evil:

I love it when they call. I put on my best nigerian accent and launch in to...

"Eh, eh, eh. I have an amazing business opportunity for you, my father was overthrown as the president of our country by the illegal action of armed rebels. After his tragic death he left me with $437million. I need your help to access it, all I need are your bank account number and sort code to transfer the funds to you..."

i believe in fixies":2rxal6bs said:
I love it when they call. I put on my best nigerian accent and launch in to...

"Eh, eh, eh. I have an amazing business opportunity for you, my father was overthrown as the president of our country by the illegal action of armed rebels. After his tragic death he left me with $437million. I need your help to access it, all I need are your bank account number and sort code to transfer the funds to you..."

thats so cool i may even un block the number just so i can try it... :p :p

ive tried ...i just end up with lots of voicemails and because i have schools phone me i have to check them all...

TPS can be used to register, even for mobiles.

And if they call, and you're registered, mentioning it (at least for on-shore companies), in my experience, tends to be effective.

At the end of the day, though - annoying though it may be - you've got caller ID display don't you (I'm guessing because you have the number) - so just reject the call when you see it.

Seven years back I had a smart phone, a Sony Ericsson P900 and I got hit with a spam message, I think it came via the 'funnies' I used to get sent, you know the joke messages, but anyway what it did was to access my contacts book and totally deplete my credit by sending a sms message to everyone I had numbers for, yes it was a pay as you go account forty quid gone in seconds.

Mind that P900 was a good phone what with the ability to draw on the screen with the stylus that came included, I used to use it when people wanted me to make stuff for them, they drew what they wanted on the screen, where I saved the sketch. Do any smart phones do that now ?

Will get an Android when I have a use for one, as at the moment my Samsung E370 is the best cell phone I have had yet.

ive read that on another website some people are getting called over 39 times a day by these vermin.........i cant keep goingthrough the voice mails when im working...if i miss a school one its my job on the line....anyhoos...just checked my phone a minute ago and no phone calls yet from them....if it continues im going to leave this number on toilet walls... :twisted:

my missus had problems with a company doing a similar thing, 10+ calls a day, every time she would tell them not to call again and to remove her number off their list but, you guessed it, they'd be calling back again within a couple of hours.
She actually got quite upset over it all tbh.
What eventually stopped the calls was when she told them that her number was registered with the telephone preference agency, and that she would be reporting their company to the agency for further action to be taken. After telling them this 5 or 6 times they seemed to get the message and there have been no calls since.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

gibbleking":1pgg00kd said:
im going on some car insurance sites for some spurious car quotes.using this a a contact number

We believe that the company that was cold-calling my missus got her number (was "sold"/"bought" her number) from one of these car insurance comparison sites, when pressed for where they had got her number from the company said "have you used any price comparison sites recently for car or home insurance? that's often where our numbers come from"... and yes she had been on a few sites to get car insurance quotes recently.

Moral of the story is... NEVER put your real phone number into one of the price comparison sites. And get registered with the TPS.

Back