Save your ££££

Within reason. I agree but the stuff that is to be used for xx sport will be better than say running in a wetsuit for instance.

The powdered drink additives DO work.
I used to only glug water on a trip,usually 2-3 litres but always found myself with a headache or feeling knackered at the end of the day,powders were available but i never used them untill i went on a macretro blast with 'bike food' as the sponsor giving away free bottles and powders.
At the end of the day i felt a hell of a lot better and wasnt knackered for going to the aftermath pub.
Now i swear by them.They obviously do replace lost salts and minerals sweated out during the ride.

On the 'team of #scientists [# read quacks desperate for another research grant] a similar team found that wearing a hat during hot weather doesnt make you overheat.
:shock: Utter tosh.

Yes, trustworthy Panorama. Was it them who said that people would get murdered during Euro 2012 by Polish football fans? :cool:

dyna-ti":2whcuox1 said:
I used to only glug water on a trip,usually 2-3 litres but always found myself with a headache or feeling knackered at the end of the day,powders were available but i never used them untill i went on a macretro blast with 'bike food' as the sponsor giving away free bottles and powders.
At the end of the day i felt a hell of a lot better and wasnt knackered for going to the aftermath pub.
Now i swear by them.They obviously do replace lost salts and minerals sweated out during the ride.

On the 'team of #scientists [# read quacks desperate for another research grant] a similar team found that wearing a hat during hot weather doesnt make you overheat.
:shock: Utter tosh.

I agree. Some do. It's finding the ones that work for you. As for wearing a hat. :LOL:

It's good if you find one that does what it says on the side of the tin, tintin.

I prefer water, banana's , malt loaf and a cheese and pickle bap, well not mixed together until it gets inside me and gets all blended in my belly oven ;)

dyna-ti":2csqpxcr said:

Couldn't agree more. They make a huge difference as do gells and energy bars. Recovery drinks are amazing too!!!

greenstiles":xai338nz said:
I prefer water, banana's , malt loaf and a cheese and pickle bap, well not mixed

Sound good to. But I found banana's to be to heavy on the digestion and to many are a nightmare before i cycle.
Water is first class
malt loaf tasty, pickle bap not during a ride.

During a ride i like Dextro energy tabs, Carbohydrate drink mix. And a soup lunch at the pub stop.
Nothing heavy other wise the hill climbs are nasty.

Back