So I'm at work now, and the phone rings............

FMJ

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Look at the call display and it's another one of those &*$#@ telemarketers disturbing me from my RB surfing.

Me: Excel

Her: Hi! Can I speak with the person there in charge of the energy needs there?

Me: No

Her: Ummmmmm

Her: I'm calling from Brydon Energy, and

Me: I can see that on my call display. What are you wearing?

Her: Excuse me?

Me: What are you wearing ?

Her: I don't see how that matters.

Me: Well it certainly does to me

<click>

Shidiots

I can never think of anything smart to say.

BT rang yesterday and I was in no mood so I simply said unless you can fix our piss poor broadband (0.3 meg yesterday) you can just **** off.

Telesales people are such fun, I can waste hours of their time given the chance.
I particularly enjoy the PPI re claim people, as I had no finance or loans in the last fifteen years I love going through three screens of questions before they establish I'm not due anything to which I reply "thats what the last guy said".

Like to play telemarket tennis with my wife. Whoever answers says 'just hold on a minute' and hands the phone over. Then after a moment we say 'hold on a moment say' hold on a moment' again. Repeat until they hang up. We kept a guy on for about ten minutes once.

And yes I know these people need a job, but its a job that need not exist and they can just go and DIAF.

FMJ":123nro6b said:
Look at the call display and it's another one of those &*$#@ telemarketers disturbing me from my RB surfing.

<click>

Shidiots

More to the point, what are you wearing cheeky?

al. ;)

I usually ask them to hold on because there's somebody at the door. I put the phone down on the desk and carry on with what I'm doing, when I check 10 minutes later they've gone.

xerxes":17hwydya said:
I usually ask them to hold on because there's somebody at the door. I put the phone down on the desk and carry on with what I'm doing, when I check 10 minutes later they've gone.

whilst a perfectly acceptable waste of thier time, you miss out on knowing how much time you've wasted, and potentialy may waste more time by playing tennis!

FMJ":1so5ckco said:

<click>

Shidiots
Funniest prank of telemarketers I've heard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkdoogjic4I

Back