Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:11 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:09 pm 
Retro Guru

Pretty shite day for me. My dog Harry had to be put to sleep. Actually got the news on Thursday. He had a good life. Lived to 15 and wasn't in any real pain. Been all over the country. Had a thing for dragging rocks out of the bottom of the sea and placing them at my feet and carrying fooking massive logs around.

To top it all off I had to dig him a grave so he can lay to rest in the family garden under his favourite tree. Digging a 5 foot deep hole was a bitch, especially the last 2 foot as it was clay and rocks. Hands a very bruised and full of those water blister things. Enjoyed slicing them open this morning tough

Not that it being Friday the 13th had anything to do with it, it's just another day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:34 pm 
Retro Guru

theproudhighway wrote:
Pretty shite day for me. My dog Harry had to be put to sleep. Actually got the news on Thursday. He had a good life. Lived to 15 and wasn't in any real pain. Been all over the country. Had a thing for dragging rocks out of the bottom of the sea and placing them at my feet and carrying fooking massive logs around.

To top it all off I had to dig him a grave so he can lay to rest in the family garden under his favourite tree. Digging a 5 foot deep hole was a bitch, especially the last 2 foot as it was clay and rocks. Hands a very bruised and full of those water blister things. Enjoyed slicing them open this morning tough

Not that it being Friday the 13th had anything to do with it, it's just another day.

Bad news man :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

widowmaker wrote:
theproudhighway wrote:

Bad news man :(

Yeah, sorry to hear this.
RIP Harry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 pm 
Retro Guru

Cheers for the kind words lads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:04 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Change made to two filers on an IT project I am lead architect for, told by storage engineers it would be zero impact and no powerdown required.
Spent the weekend trying to restore 300 virtual desktops and make about 40 servers work again. We are still picking up the pieces now.
Lesson learnt is never to trust anything a storage engineer says, ever.

Carl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner

Finalised wedding venue arrangements, menu, drinks, etc. sorted flowers and her hair, met the parents and my brother with his kids, and had a generally boss day in the sunshine

Friday 13th my arse!

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 am 

I was convalescing after time in hospital early last week. Back fighting fit now (although not allowed to ride the bike until some test results come through :( ).