You Know You Are Stupid, But You Do It Anyway...

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
I was out today on relatively moist tarmac, and noted a friend queuing for a roundabout. I beeped and overtook the queue to show off, entering the roundabout at reasonable speed and then was forced to knee down on a diesel slick.

Feathered the clutch with all I have got and made it upright and out of there, lots of hungry boxes waiting to swallow me up.

Probably need to stay on four wheels these days.

I went around the roundabout by Tescos, near surrey uni, on someones freshly painted 7/11, I was left kneeling in the road watching as the bike went down the road towards a car waiting to
pull out.

integerspin":g82laka8 said:
I went around the roundabout by Tescos, near surrey uni, on someones freshly painted 7/11, I was left kneeling in the road watching as the bike went down the road towards a car waiting to
pull out.
I have seen a guy go round that roundabout on a super moto with their knee down a few times. Goes round them both a few times like it before going off on his merry way. Not you is it?!
(i live in guildford and work on the surrey uni campus)

Have to admit I didn't have a huge amount of sympathy for "bikers" until I started driving a rear-wheel drive "sports car" - now if I had my way carrying diesel by road would be a capital offence :D

Plus the stuff stinks, whether being burned or just sitting there...

Whatleymeister":ewyb6q6i said:
integerspin":ewyb6q6i said:
pull out.
I have seen a guy go round that roundabout on a super moto with their knee down a few times. Goes round them both a few times like it before going off on his merry way. Not you is it?!
(i live in guildford and work on the surrey uni campus)

yeah I recognised your address[I bought something off you]
I used to walk past the end of your road every day in the summer, on my way to the swimming pool. That was when I was about 8.
I lived in guildford, in the 60's, and went to the uni in the 90's.

While I borrowed the 7/11 I was living in hazel farm[?].
I think it was actually wet when I dropped it on the roundabout.
I was going pretty slow, I am always a bit paranoid on other peoples bikes. When the bloke had it painted[no damage] a new pick up cover and set of Renthals were fitted, cos of gravel rash. I give him the bike back and the pick up cover and Renthals looked just like they did before he replaced them;-)

Ahh the lovely smell of diesel, the patterns on the wet road. Best bit is when the road if heavily cambered and there is a flint wall running along the side of the road.

Fudd":ycdi9t6l said:
Knee down, on a diesel spill on moist tarmac? You should give these guys a call. I hear they have a vacancy for next season ;)

Very good.

I don't think they would be too interested in anyone who cannot do it intentionally!

Lost the front end, stark choice left but to lean over to recover, all over a big slick thanks to the recent rain and buses/trucks spewing.

Luck, but might look good from a distance!

Reminds me of a couple of years back when my idle jets were clogged and I took off from a parking place and the thumper chugged on some grass into an inadvertent wheelie, before it settled once hitting the tarmac.

My dad reckoned it was intentional and warned me about playing with fire.

:)

Back