Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:56 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:47 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

suburbanreuben wrote:
One things certain; Nibbly is going to have to go for it big time tomorrow, and it will be interesting to see how Sky react. Can Wiggins stay with him, and if he can't, will Froome , leaving it every man for himself in the TT?

Good stuff!

Nibbly :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 am 
Old School Grand Master

Nibbly
Nobbly
No no...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:49 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I don't think Sky are any different from BMC or Liquigas or Rabbobank (before they lost most of their riders), they are just doing a better job.

In order to survive at this level, cycling needs major sponsorship; in order to justify the outlay of marketing cash, the sponsors need coverage and they need results.

I'm a new boy to watching road riding (damn my warped offspring), but can anyone tell me the last time an ostensibly British team, with a high number of British riders had this level of success in a season?

Oh and as a side bet, watch Brad, Cav and the others get behind Froome on the next Grand Tour (is that Spain?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:23 am 
Old School Grand Master

I have ordered a bright yellow polo shirt to wear to work on Monday. I don't generally do bright colours so hopefully someone will ask, "Why?"

However, Radio 4 are reporting on the tour so perhaps they will know?

I think Ed has aranged the Hereford road ride on the day of the time trial so we can say, "Yeah, of course I rode further than Brad today."

Go Wiggins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:24 am 
Old School Grand Master

NeilM wrote:
I don't think Sky are any different from BMC or Liquigas or Rabbobank (before they lost most of their riders), they are just doing a better job.

In order to survive at this level, cycling needs major sponsorship; in order to justify the outlay of marketing cash, the sponsors need coverage and they need results.

I'm a new boy to watching road riding (damn my warped offspring), but can anyone tell me the last time an ostensibly British team, with a high number of British riders had this level of success in a season?

Oh and as a side bet, watch Brad, Cav and the others get behind Froome on the next Grand Tour (is that Spain?).

If they'd done that last year he'd already have la Vuelta in the bag.
I can't help feeling more than a little short-changed by Sky; with 2km to go, Froome looked as though he would have caught Valverde, but Sky said no! They turned what should have been a race into a procession.
Wiggins should have manned the fook up and told Froome to go. So what if he'd taken a chunk of time from wiggy? It could have made the final TT very interesting. As it is, I don't expect them to be team mates next year, which can only be good for the sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:06 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
mr_ship wrote:
Indeed, all the other teams must have known exactly what Sky's gameplan was going be once the squad was named. They've just not been good enough to do anything about it. A British 1-2 unless the wheels totally fall off tomorrow....

Great ride again by Voeckler today, plenty of Panache.

Voeckler's had a fantastic TdF (again!) - a real entertainer with plenty of fight, and more than deserves that mountains jersey. Compatriots Pinot and Rolland are certain to accrue similar great achievements in Tours to come.

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Jesus! What a finish! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:19 pm 
Retro Guru

Wow! Who said Team Sky were boring? :wink: Well done Cav!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:20 pm 
Retro Guru

BOSCH!!! Cavendish was like a missile, passed the front few riders like they were standing still, awesome! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:24 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

As much as I try I can't comprehend how Cavendish can produce so much speed when the race is already flat out. Frightening.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next