Le Tour 2012!

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Not long now :) team rosters are coming in thick and fast. Anyone want to make any predictions?

Prologue winner: Wiggins

Yellow:Wiggins

Green:Sagan

Polka: Hoogerland( well I hope he does), but maybe Rolland

White: Taaramae

kaiser":22be78za said:
Not long now :) team rosters are coming in thick and fast. Anyone want to make any predictions?

Prologue winner: Wiggins

Yellow:Wiggins

Green:Sagan

Polka: Hoogerland( well I hope he does), but maybe Rolland

White: Taaramae

Based on last year's edition, I'd expect Rolland to do something significant - definitely one to watch for the future. Sagan looks to have had a good build-up; with Hushovd absent it could be between him and Cav for the green.
I'm also pinning my hopes on a Wiggins GC win, Hesjedal should put up a good fight along the way but dunno if he has it in him to bag a Giro/TdF double.

David

Bradley Wiggins will never have as a good a chance for the GC as this year.

And hopefully Cav can take the Green Jersey also...

I'm thinking Voeckler will be supporting Rolland this year, probably looking for top ten maybe even 5 and a go at the mountains jersey. Looking at Sky it would seem that they're leaning to Wiggins for overall. I reckon Cav will do his week or so, few stage wins and bow out. He rode the full Giro so I'm not sure a full tour will help him if it is the Olympics he's targeting.
Hesjedal will be interesting to watch, rode a great Giro, Garmin played it very smart and they are openly supporting him for GC. He's been recuperating since the Giro to target the Tour, I just wonder how successful it will have been. I place him top 5 anyway.

kaiser":yj1kzy9f said:
I'm thinking Voeckler will be supporting Rolland this year, probably looking for top ten maybe even 5 and a go at the mountains jersey. Looking at Sky it would seem that they're leaning to Wiggins for overall. I reckon Cav will do his week or so, few stage wins and bow out. He rode the full Giro so I'm not sure a full tour will help him if it is the Olympics he's targeting.
Hesjedal will be interesting to watch, rode a great Giro, Garmin played it very smart and they are openly supporting him for GC. He's been recuperating since the Giro to target the Tour, I just wonder how successful it will have been. I place him top 5 anyway.

I think that is a good overview and i am of the same mind.

Cadel will also be there or thereabouts again this year as well would you say?

Inzaman":1l8j8jck said:
Cadel will also be there or thereabouts again this year as well would you say?

I reckon so, lots of talk about both Wiggins and Evans' form but I think its obvious they both go about approaching the tour on different ways. But Evans has said his preparations have not met his expectations. Either way its a long three weeks.

It's very easy to predict. The guy with the best doctors will win. Whose body gets the most out of all the doping and who is clever enough to hide what he is actually doing will be on top like every other year.

I can't enjoy this race till the day doping gets legal in some kind of modified class or all this fools suddenly stop killing their own bodies slowly for a ridiculous small amount of money compared to what other so called sportsmen are earning.

The guy who really wins is someone who stays away from this kind of entertainment.

Yellow: Wiggins

Green: Sagan (what a star)

Polka: Samuel Sanchez

White: Tejay Van Garderen

don't know about you guys, but I can't get excited about it this year, looks to be an uncompetitive edition. (or is this monday morning blues??)

The route's not the most exciting from the "like mountain" stages perspective. The majority of the classics type riders will leave early for the Olympics.

Wiggins form's good and SKY look to have improved their ability to control (or even be there) in the mountains. I think Evans will ride into it and be a major challenge. If Hesjedal can ride like he did in the hills of Italy, then at least one challenger will be capable of vertical acceleration.

You never know with Nibali, alot to prove this year.
Hope Sanchez stirs it up and puts in a serious challenge overall in mountains.

Great win from Cavendish today. And did it all on his own.

And he's now one win off being joint most successful stage inner of all time.

Tazio":cs788gkd said:
Great win from Cavendish today. And did it all on his own.

And he's now one win off being joint most successful stage inner of all time.

ahh ffs, no need for highlights tonight... :roll:

need to avoid this thread :LOL:

Back