Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:42 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:24 am
Posts: 713
Location: Edinburgh
highlandsflyer wrote:
Ach, I am not all about praising him.

He would have been all but out tonight had the roof closing not come into it.

I do agree he will struggle against the remaining top 5, but it really is all in the game at each event. He is in with a chance at the very least.

His battle seems to be mental, ironically given his physical 'ailments'.

He scored a few aces tonight, that is where I think he needs to go in the game. He needs the escape hatch a strong serve provides.

:)
if the roof didnt close the game would have stopped hours ago

they stopped the game due to lack of light


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:18 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
bigmick wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
Ach, I am not all about praising him.

He would have been all but out tonight had the roof closing not come into it.

I do agree he will struggle against the remaining top 5, but it really is all in the game at each event. He is in with a chance at the very least.

His battle seems to be mental, ironically given his physical 'ailments'.

He scored a few aces tonight, that is where I think he needs to go in the game. He needs the escape hatch a strong serve provides.

:)
if the roof didnt close the game would have stopped hours ago

they stopped the game due to lack of light


...and had they left it where it was and come back on Monday I reckon it would not have favoured Murray.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:23 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:24 am
Posts: 713
Location: Edinburgh
highlandsflyer wrote:
bigmick wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
Ach, I am not all about praising him.

He would have been all but out tonight had the roof closing not come into it.

I do agree he will struggle against the remaining top 5, but it really is all in the game at each event. He is in with a chance at the very least.

His battle seems to be mental, ironically given his physical 'ailments'.

He scored a few aces tonight, that is where I think he needs to go in the game. He needs the escape hatch a strong serve provides.

:)
if the roof didnt close the game would have stopped hours ago

they stopped the game due to lack of light


...and had they left it where it was and come back on Monday I reckon it would not have favoured Murray.
so 30 mins break helped him but a break until monday would have been too much lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:34 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
Bazoom!

What we have here is a difference of opinion.

Watching Muray for many years I would say he is a slow starter.

Starting a three setter from cold Monday would not suit him.

Played in and warm under the roof he had the best chance.

...and he took it.

:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:49 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:24 am
Posts: 713
Location: Edinburgh
highlandsflyer wrote:
Bazoom!

What we have here is a difference of opinion.

Watching Muray for many years I would say he is a slow starter.

Starting a three setter from cold Monday would not suit him.

Played in and warm under the roof he had the best chance.

...and he took it.

:)

ok if you say so, is that not a bit like saying england would have won if the pens had been taken at other end of pitch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
bigmick wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
Bazoom!

What we have here is a difference of opinion.

Watching Muray for many years I would say he is a slow starter.

Starting a three setter from cold Monday would not suit him.

Played in and warm under the roof he had the best chance.

...and he took it.

:)

ok if you say so, is that not a bit like saying england would have won if the pens had been taken at other end of pitch


Is it?

Is it really?

I reckon it is more to do with applying my knowledge of Murray's game to the sutuation that occurred. Rather than proposing some unrealistic scenario.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:24 am
Posts: 713
Location: Edinburgh
highlandsflyer wrote:
bigmick wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
Bazoom!

What we have here is a difference of opinion.

Watching Muray for many years I would say he is a slow starter.

Starting a three setter from cold Monday would not suit him.

Played in and warm under the roof he had the best chance.

...and he took it.

:)

ok if you say so, is that not a bit like saying england would have won if the pens had been taken at other end of pitch


Is it?

Is it really?

I reckon it is more to do with applying my knowledge of Murray's game to the sutuation that occurred. Rather than proposing some unrealistic scenario.
unrealistic only in your opinion same as how you decided he would have lost on monday

i deal with the facts

fact is he won tonight deal with it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:08 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
Gosh.

I was happy he won, if you missed that.

Suggesting the roof closure worked in his favour, at a time his opponent was in the ascendency, is hardly controversial!

Big Murray supporter here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:24 am
Posts: 713
Location: Edinburgh
highlandsflyer wrote:
Gosh.

I was happy he won, if you missed that.

Suggesting the roof closure worked in his favour, at a time his opponent was in the ascendency, is hardly controversial!

Big Murray supporter here.

well i thought the roof closure might go against him since he looked to be struggling


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:06 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 11105
Location: The Home Of Mountain Biking, And All Great Things.
bigmick wrote:
highlandsflyer wrote:
Gosh.

I was happy he won, if you missed that.

Suggesting the roof closure worked in his favour, at a time his opponent was in the ascendency, is hardly controversial!

Big Murray supporter here.

well i thought the roof closure might go against him since he looked to be struggling


I guess it really could be looked at both ways.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 30  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adruzzz, andyz, gradeAfailure, longun, Retro Spud, RobMac, The History Man, xerxes and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group