**warning, possible sexist content**

speedplay

Senior Retro Guru
To start the story off, I bought my house about 6 years ago.
I had lived here quite happily for a while when I decided that the bit of land at the side of my house (that I own) could be better used to build a smallish shed on to house some bits and pieces..
A few months go by and I manage to borrow or salvage materials from work to do the project (I am a chippy by trade).
The build starts, I lovingly set out my shed for the concrete slab to be poured ect, ordered the 2 cube metres of super slab mix for the base (I had the idea to secure anything valueable to the floor by ground anchors).
3 days later I have my shed.... :)
Its 18 feet long 9 feet wide and just under 9 feet to the highest point of the roof.
I have built a lovely home for my toys :D its walls and roof are 6 inches thick, it has 5 inches of insulation, there is power and heating, non slip vinyl flooring, a solid 2 hour fire door (took some finding) with 5 top security rated locks in the door and is alarmed with the rest of my house.

It is the perfect shed/fortress for my dirtbikes, mountain bikes, generators and tools ect... :)

Now I come to my point.

Thanks for bearing with me here...

Jenn, my lovely wife to be, has just moved in with me.
She doesnt mind me going away for weekends with the lads dirt biking, paintballing ect and has even been known to come to races with us without being under duress :LOL:

But when she suggested "maybe getting rid of a bike or two to make room for the tumble dryer and a freezer" in my boys palace outside I got a bit defensive :shock:

Am I doing the right thing??

Is it time to get a new future wife??

Or am I just being a little to over possesive of my toys?? :LOL:

Man. A shed's for life, a wife's just for Christmas!. ;)

(I hope the boss don't read that! :shock: )

The shed was there before the lady. Its your house. Lady say bye bye. Give an inch then next it will be some thing else and so on till your asking her for permission to breath :shock:

Well, I can offer some expertise here.

SHE IS TESTING YOU DUDE! Marriage is the art of compromise and team work. So, you ditch a bike to make room for the washer and dryer(tears, tears, depression), so what does she offer in return, laundry forever? Sounds good to me, then you pick up a bike or two later.

When my boat anchor pleaded for a washer and dryer, I compromised the same way, it was her idea.

And when I came home early from work to surprise her with dinner one day, she got royal bitch going about how I ruined her plans for lasagna or something. Have not had to cook since. And yes she is a much better cook than I.

Come home with some blood on your cheek, a tear in your eye, and some flowers in your hand, and you have it made my man. Never break wind without blowing a kiss too.

Good Luck with that.
Terry

I think you've all missed something here. While it's a good plan to allow for such domestic operations, your lady is being remarkably cunning.

Understimate them at your peril!

She wants to put the dryer & freezer in your hiding place ensuring regular visits. This means she'll be able to see exactly what you're buying! No more new frames sneaked in at the dead of night so that, when noticed months later, you can honestly say "oh, I bought that AGES ago".

:)

The fact that she even suggested getting rid of a bike or two means one of two things;

1. She doesn't know how much your hobby means to you.
2. She does know, but couldn't give a shit.

Either way...

when i can finally afford my own place, (had to move back in with the olds to save for it :( ) and i sort myself out with a beautiful little haven for my bikes , crosser and all my other toys if i decide to let someone move in whether it be lodger or future girlfriend i'll make sure they know that that place is off limits and subject to no change or influence by them, it will be mine cos i paid for it and built it and it's my place for getting away from them! they would only be allowed in by invitation which would have to be continueally re-asked for or re-offered if they want entrance and if that is a problem, well, tough titty!

this will be explained before any moving in of belongings however (mainly because it will mean they won't be moving in!)

as you can imagine, i don't have a girlfriend at the moment! :LOL: (cheaper) and lets face it with my attitude there's not much chance!
but i'd never sell a bike because "she" said so, go sell a handbag! that's what i'd say! i sell stuff when i get bored of it or need funds for the next project only, it's mine and i'll sell it when or if i want to!!

Back