BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
bouncesmile.gif

talking for gaming - Samsung or Sony

We were thinking about a new 32" TV with built in freeview as the 20" toshiba is nearly 5 years old now, we narrowed it down to 2 - samsung LE32R87BDX or sony 32-KDL-32S3000U.

I'm leaning towards the samsung based on looks and its gaming mode, its only 50hz but the curry/comet guys say it will work with the 60hz Xbox games, the Sony has build quality - apart from that it looks like an early 90s big brick TV with the back sawn off

both basically the same but the sony is more money.

well :?:

3342803x.jpg

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...Freeview-LCD-TV/Product.html?searchtype=genre

or

3316835x.jpg

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...eady-Freeview-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html#

and before you say anything - NO - I am not allowed anything bigger
disgust.gif

Sony is the one i'd choose. Out of those. But if any then i'd go for Panasonic

Not much help I'm afaid but I'd only ever chose Philips for tvs...

The sound may not be the best compared to others but the picture is unbeatable (no matter what price-range you're in) and you can always run the sound through a separate amp and speakers - which you probably will be for game play anyway...

I used to have the samsung, have now changed it for the sony. Picture much better on the sony imho (esp on the 360 for some reason). the thing with the sony's is there are lots of models, definitely worth going the extra as the higher models are much better (get the bravia engine).

we bought a w-series bravia about 3 months ago, choosing it over the matching samsung (all our dvd/stereo etc is samsung). its not the most exciting looking tv in the world, but the shiny black samsung will probably look dated very quickly where as the sony will always look.... umm.. normal sony-ish! picture quality and colours on the sony are awesome - mario galaxy looks incredible on it.

I have the 50" samsung looks exactly the same as the samsung you have there. Picture and sound are good but the transformer is quite loud- I have since heard this can be a problem with samsungs.

As a gamer (PC mainly, not so much of this namby pamby console crap) i went for the samsung over the sony for my wii. As have many of my gaming mates. (ive got the 26" and 2 friends have the 40".) The bravia seems to offer little to recomend it over the samsung equivelents, but does have the usual sony tax added.

I'm still leaning towards the samsung based on looks but I do understand the comment of it looking 'dated' after a while, thing is I think the sonys (as a rule) always look dated to begin with, but then when I compare it to the 20" Toshiba we are replacing I suppose it isn't much different in ..... 'style' :?

32804.jpg

After looking around at the moment Play.com can save a bit over £100 on the sony for the same price as currys/comet are doing the samsung, but then I would also be saving £100 on the samsung price from Play too.

Its like being in the shop - I just get sooooooooooooo bamboozled
with it all
explode.gif

I bought some buyers guide before buying mine. The panasonics came out best, but were around a grand. Bought the Samsung with 100hz screen from dabs for £540. The standard hz screen was the buyers guide best value 32". I only use it occasionally with the original xbox.
The one i bought

This might be of use

Also heard that Samsung were developed with XBox360, though can't confirm that ;)

Back