Evilbay - I'm peed off!!!

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just purchased a pair of hardly used SPuD shoes off Evilbay.

I hit buy it now, £17 or so quid, with £6.75 postage.

Anyway, shoes arrive, as described, packaging was a bit hit and miss but what really stuck out was the postage.

It cost the guy £2.92 to post :shock:

Now, what has really peed me of is the guy has ruined my feedback! I left him positive feedback, and said 'Prompt despatch, as described, good comm's, postage was £2.92 but charged £6.75'. Where is the harm in that? I'm being honest and haven't left negative feedback for him.

So he's now left **Avoid** feedback for me! What, avoid me because I tell the truth and pay promptly?

Evilbay stinks....

I've had similar when selling on eBay - pair of mint Look Carbon pedals for next to nothing, I charged £3.50 postage and it came to £2.50. I figured that the pound covered packing but did the buyer? Nope, I had a load of abusive e-mails even after I refunded him the pound.

There are strange and unreasonable people everywhere and nowhere more so than on eBay. Still they are in the minority and you might see if the guy will agree to you both withdrawing your feedback (although I suspect if he was reasonable enough to do that he wouldn't have left the feedback in the first place).

yeah, you have to play the game unfortunately... I'm a coward when it comes to negative feedback. The only time I ever left it, for some reason it never registered on the guy's feedback :?

Well they say the truth hurts. And you just scored a Bullseye. And nobody likes the truth. Alas we know? That people over price the postage on the bay. And you have paid the price for being honest. I'd reply to his in clear english what his problem is. And yes i agree he did over price the postage far too much. Inform e-bay and get them to do some thing. Its better than doing nothing about him. :x
Sorry but your morally right but thats the bay for you!!!

Unfortunately Ebay is now full of idiots. Had one guy mail me this week asking why his Speakers hadn't arrived- he had waited in all day for them. He had won the item at 10:20pm the night before!!

Another had bid 99p on a full set of V brakes and asked if I would throw in the postage!

And thats just this week- 2 loonies in just 20 items- a 10% idiot ratio is not good.

Problem is we have little option for getting rid of unwanted stuff to make way for new goodies.

people are so anal over a quid or two, i wanted something for the computer a while back, cost including postage was about £5.
I couldnt even pay him due to him not having paypal when he stated he did, he opened a dispute and we exchanged e-mails, about 20, i figured this isnt getting anywhere so in the end i just said forget it and left it at that.

sometimes its not worth the time or hassle for these retards.
i got about anothr 10 e-mails from him for a month afterwards. :roll:

When you hit the buy it now button, you knew that he was going to charge you £6.75 postage so by BIN'ing it, you agreed to pay his charges. I do see your point, but its not as if he hid the charge from you.

Generally people don't know what it costs to post stuff, so they guess. He guessed at £6.75, and you came along, quite happy to agree to that cost, and hit the BIN button.

It always pays to query high shipping charges before buying something on e-bay, but then if the price is so good that you don't want to miss out by procrastinating then surely in your mind, you've already justified the £24 for the shoes anyway?

Leaving you poor feedback is harsh though. With the new e-bay system, you can give him a bad rating for his shipping costs, which will affect the way that future stuff he sells is listed.

OK, so in this case the charge was definitely excessive, and that's annoying. It's worth remembering though that the charge is for post AND packaging. Which isn't necessarily cheap or free, if it's done right...

I've had items from ebay with both extremes of charging - sometimes I've felt bad at the amount people have charged when I see what it actually cost them to send...

Cheers,

AJ

Back