Eggbeateers SUX!!!!!!

shovelon

Senior Retro Guru
What's the !#$%&%*(?:^%#@ with these #%^*^^&^%^^%% EGGBEATERS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I just went toe to toe with my bike and I am a %%^$$&& mess because of these *&*^^$$%^&& stupid things. My arms, thighs and knees are a bloodfest, dangit, I have never had such crappy release ever. Man I just about tumbled off a cliff never to be found except for the coyotes and jackrabbits. Dem jackrabbits has big teeth :!:

Yes, my arse is royally KIKCKED!!!! GOSH #$#@$^^%$#$% you stupid @@#$^&*&^. :x :x

Back to my SPDs. I can't beleive how much anti-release float these @%$^%^%$$%^^ pedals have.

Is it just me? :cry:

I take it you dont like them then?!

My Avalanche came with them as standard, but I didnt like the look of them, so EvilBay'd them.

With me its SPuDs forever; DX and XT. Tried 'em, like 'em, stick with 'em.

Got them on my modern bike, bad move. They they don't shed mud. Instead they collect it !

TinTin had set of smartys (IIRC) and had an ongoing battle with them

250 Posts :cool:

Rather a small milestone compared to some ;)

Yep i tried them. 3 different types - candy 4 ti :( candy :( and smartie :evil:

Went back to spd & Ritchey. When i get the cash then XT-R spd for me too. Ritchey are good but come with ball bearings not sealed units. :(

Hope you recover fast. Sounds :shock: bad. hope you weren't on your own. I just found getting in and out a nightmare too

tintin40":1e8hwze4 said:
Hope you recover fast. Sounds :shock: bad. hope you weren't on your own. I just found getting in and out a nightmare too

I'm mostly bruised and battered, so sure I will feel better tomarrow. Gonna ride for sure, but back to the trusty old girvins.

I can't believe the amount of float before it releases. I figured 15 to 20 degrees was workable, but way more than 4 to 6 degrees on SPDs. What a helpless feeling stuck to the pedal on the way down for a visit with the rocks.
:twisted: :twisted:

Well I think I will try the Ritcheys, they look good.

i think there are build quality isues with them. mine have never failed to release but one of the 8mm allen-key sockets on one pedal isn't machined properly and is smaller than the other one on the other pedal. :roll:

They do chew your shoes up too. :?

Oh dear.. :(

Been using them since they came on the scene. Never had any problems releasing once I got used to them. You can change the release angle if you wish.

They are great in the mud and gloop, I've always been able to engage/release the cleats in all conditions that's more than I can say for the Shimano SPD's I used to use.

Being a minimalistic pedal the bearings are obviously tiny and that is the weak spot. I re-grease the bearings every so often but even so have had them fail on me. Still, I do a decent amount of mileage a year in all conditions (25 - 30 odd miles each ride twice a week minimum).

The bars can ruin the soles of your shoes but you can buy sole savers or just make some like I did.

I think that they are a cool looking pedal.

Back