Queuing at PO :-<

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I have been trying to get a package posted off for a fellow retrobiker today, popeed my head out of the shop 4 times this morning to see how the queue was over the road.

1st thing this morning - :shock:
9;30 it was worse - :shock:
10;30 , mmmmmmmm will try later - :shock:
2 mins ago - :shock: ➡️

DSC00118.jpg

Now this is the shortest it been all morning - and I have a 10 min break, I aint even gonna get to the door in 10 mins :evil: , from what I hear the main post office is 10x longer :cry: .

I think my dinnertime is gonna be spent queing .

(Bah humbug :evil: )

Remind me :?: Why are they shutting post offices again :?

i know what you mean. :) were have all these people come from :? hurry up and lets get this 'silly' season out of the way. hurry i want the summer to start early next year. how about start in january

Both my local Post Offices are like that, its full of little old ladies wanting to know when the last posting date for Outer Mongolia or someplace like that. Haven’t they heard of the internet !!!! Mind you serves myself right for living on the Geriatric Riviera.

Ye Old Monday Monster Queue....always the same at every PO I use.....then you get Pension Queue Day and at the end of the month Tax Your Car Queue.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

tintin40":1yml1ega said:
You should see my locals full of the dregs of socitey. :evil:

Yup, we get a lot of homeless and chavs as well, as soon as they get their free money for tossin it off all week - the homeless buy white lightning and the chavs are dealing drugs right outside the post office in plain sight :evil:

just had another look BTW

Twice as long now :evil:

we used to have post office just 100metres from the shop, it was closed, use the main 1, 5 mins away, mental as it's high street based, go to the main one southampton and it's full of every numpty in a 50mile radius! drunks, chavs wanting their "giro moosh", biddies wanting nothing but a chat with gladis or miriam behind the counter, and a queue half an hour long!4 out 10 counters open, never more.

my boss posted something a few weeks ago, then the post office wrote a letter to us saying we owed them 47p (what a waste of time and money!) for unpaid postage due to the parcel being to heavy for the stamps/payment on it, they'd weighed it! and charged my boss over the counter!
he phoned to sort it out, they explained what the problem was, my boss then told them to train their staff better and it was their mistake and promptly put the phone down! (parcel had been delivered)

they are generally a bunch of simpletons!

it'll get worse when it's all shoved into w h smith in a while. you have to fight your way past people getting papers and all that crap aswell.

Quite happy with my country village ost office , but since the end of the strike they are very hot on sizes , weights etc...

Back