Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for a frame from the USA, tracking via USPS says it left Chicago airport on 12th Dec.

Should I be worried that this is taking too long? I would have expected the UK carriers to have cleared any Xmas back log over the last 2 days.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:49 pm 
Retro Guru

Dr S wrote:
I bought stuff on EB** last thursday that arrived today from sunny CA so about a week I guess. Feels like a long bloody week though- what you got coming?

Si

Funny that, as a Silver 92 FUNK just landed on my doorstep :wink:

/joke ... I truly hope it arrives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:25 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Crell wrote:
Dr S wrote:
I bought stuff on EB** last thursday that arrived today from sunny CA so about a week I guess. Feels like a long bloody week though- what you got coming?

Si

Funny that, as a Silver 92 FUNK just landed on my doorstep :wink: /
joke ... I truly hope it arrives.

I'm still waiting- those bastards at customs and excise are using it as a door stop I think. It was posted in Denver on the 18th- its driving me nuts now. :cry: :cry:

Just checked the USPS tracking service thingy and it left San Fran on the 23rd ( I bet it wishes it bloody stayed when it sees the weather up here :) )
So it looks like its in the hands of the Taxman. What pisses me off is its such a slow process- they decide how much, send out a second class letter which takes days to arrive and then I have to do a sodding 50 mile round trip to go and collect something I have paid to be delivered... Oh and there is an additional £13.50 charge from Parcelfarce for the admin cost of shafting me in the first place!
Makes you proud to be British doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:42 am 
Klein Guru / BOTM Winner

i wouldnt expect that much happens at the customs office during the holidays. most of us are on leave as well - not me though :( , so why not they too...

at least on the european continent the custom guys notify the receiver by email or phone if the sender filled in email address and/or phone number in the relevant field on the customs form.

Carsten

Dr S wrote:
Crell wrote:
Dr S wrote:

Si

Funny that, as a Silver 92 FUNK just landed on my doorstep :wink: /
joke ... I truly hope it arrives.

I'm still waiting- those bastards at customs and excise are using it as a door stop I think. It was posted in Denver on the 18th- its driving me nuts now. :cry: :cry:

Just checked the USPS tracking service thingy and it left San Fran on the 23rd ( I bet it wishes it bloody stayed when it sees the weather up here :) )
So it looks like its in the hands of the Taxman. What pisses me off is its such a slow process- they decide how much, send out a second class letter which takes days to arrive and then I have to do a sodding 50 mile round trip to go and collect something I have paid to be delivered... Oh and there is an additional £13.50 charge from Parcelfarce for the admin cost of shafting me in the first place!
Makes you proud to be British doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:42 am 
Dirt Disciple

While we're on about the joys of UK customs. What are the charges that are applied to bike frames? Am I correct in thinking its 14% duty then 17.5% V.A.T on new frames, but what are the tarriffs for second hand ones?