Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:21 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Look at my new toy!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:39 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:14 pm
Posts: 3855
Location: Somerset
Look at my new toy!

Manual BMW E28 528i.

LSD, 185bhp, trailing arm rear suspension....

...and it's winter! :lol: :twisted:


Attachments:
d80f_4.jpg
d80f_4.jpg [ 59.46 KiB | Viewed 1042 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:03 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:28 pm
Posts: 1748
Location: The Netherlands
Nice!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:08 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:40 pm
Posts: 1526
Location: Atherton, Manchester
Cant beat a bit of rwd in winter 8)

I borrowed my father in laws car the other day to nip out in. Trouble is he has a 3.2L V6 omega thats rwd :shock: so i thought it would be rude not to take it up the new industrial estate and blow the cobwebs out of it.... Got a few major arse end drifts on the roundabout smoke everywhere :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:43 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:56 pm
Posts: 4776
Location: No brakes? Way to commit soldier.
Hahah! Brilliant, bring on the wet roads :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:00 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Cheshire
Class!

I nearly just bought an E23 735i but when the Mrs realised how big they are so said NO! (she constantly moans about the turning circle on our Merc SEC!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:25 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:14 pm
Posts: 3855
Location: Somerset
What have you got to worry about? You HAVE an SEC.

I used to have a E24 635CSi. Great cars, have always liked the SEC, kind of kindered spirits.

Have a sproglet now so need a bit more space, the E24 used all E28 running gear.

Hopefully this car will be a good basis for a renovation, I am thinking as new, with all the options that it doesn't have added, but seeing as it has the Glass sunroof, heated 'captains chairs' with the arm rests and trip computer there is not much to find! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:37 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 51
Location: Cheshire
Stick Legs wrote:
What have you got to worry about? You HAVE an SEC.

I used to have a E24 635CSi. Great cars, have always liked the SEC, kind of kindered spirits.


Yeah, I quite fancy a late 635CSi (a bit more economical than the 560SEC!)


Stick Legs wrote:
Hopefully this car will be a good basis for a renovation, I am thinking as new, with all the options that it doesn't have added, but seeing as it has the Glass sunroof, heated 'captains chairs' with the arm rests and trip computer there is not much to find! :D


Make sure you fit (if it doesnt have one already) either a Blaupunkt New York SQR 83 or a Blaupunkt Berlin IQR88 for that straight from the BMW dealer cred!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 pm 
Anglian AEC / Prison Ship Captain
Anglian AEC / Prison Ship Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:26 am
Posts: 6049
Location: LOWESTOFT the worlds smallest bore fest
scrap it and buy more bikes buddy :wink: think of your carbon foot print 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:40 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:10 am
Posts: 4473
Location: Bristol
Do you see " exbiker's " avatar? That's your grin that is. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:04 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:14 pm
Posts: 3855
Location: Somerset
the_cyclops wrote:
Stick Legs wrote:
What have you got to worry about? You HAVE an SEC.

I used to have a E24 635CSi. Great cars, have always liked the SEC, kind of kindered spirits.


Yeah, I quite fancy a late 635CSi (a bit more economical than the 560SEC!)


Stick Legs wrote:
Hopefully this car will be a good basis for a renovation, I am thinking as new, with all the options that it doesn't have added, but seeing as it has the Glass sunroof, heated 'captains chairs' with the arm rests and trip computer there is not much to find! :D


Make sure you fit (if it doesnt have one already) either a Blaupunkt New York SQR 83 or a Blaupunkt Berlin IQR88 for that straight from the BMW dealer cred!


I used to have a Blaupunkt New York with the separate amp, that went in my 635CSi, I do have a Bremen though in the shed to replace the Kenwood CD player in the 528i, it still has the original tape storage drawer things! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: one-eyed_jim, sandgrown and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group