Xbox 360 corner...

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Looking forward to xmas where I can sit and not feel guilty playing on 'de xbox'.

Now then.

My sister and I have found great mirth in the demo for GuitarHero 3. Now being an ex-metaller/axe grinder myself, I look forward to the prospect of holding a plastic les paul mock guitar, pressing coloured buttons in time to the music (whilst drunk on JD on xmas day).Infact we have ordered it in preparation for the great event.

There will be no xmas tunes in my house this year.....

Heard theres a few other decent games coming up aswell - any recomendations?

Well dont bother with halo 3 its rubbish! Very disappointing. Call of duty 4 is very good if short. I think mass effect will prob be the one too own.

I thought Halo 3 was pretty great. Not as good as Halflife was on the pc when that came outbut pretty decent and well designed.

Call of Duty was good aswell but seemed pretty sameish.

Assassins Creed is supposed to be very good.

Did not like halo myself, too basic and childish.
Have been looking at assasins creed as well but the reviews i have seen have been less than favourable, thet say very repetative.

Still nothing to touch gears of war :cool:

Jez,

Well, Guitar Hero in all forms constantly reverberates through my house in the wee hours of the night...gotta get the kids something else to do on sleepovers!

They've wrangled me into playing a few times, very fun!

As report cards just came out for the first school period, my son took his hard earned grade money and purchased the "Orange Box" for the 360...has three games in it I believe; Half Life, something else, and the sleeper which has been the most played...Portal. Portal is a problem solving/puzzle game that requires some lateral thinking skills and looks like a blast. Looking forward to trying it out.

cheers,

rody

Ah! Your right! The orange box is a goer. Ill have to grab that - halflife 2 was good and Ive read lots aboout portal. Yes good choice there!

No have not tried that, have just looked on play.com and its only 15 quid so may give it a whirl. I will of course hold you personally responsible if i dont like it :D

Have been playing rainbow six and ghost recon 1/2 a lot, i like shootin stuff!

Tried colin mcrae helicopter but it keeps crashing! (ouch :oops: )

Didnt realise that the orange box was available on the xbox, i have it on PC and it is fantastic, PC version comes With Halflife 2 episode 2, Peggle Extreme, Portal (great puzzle game, very dark humour) and Team fortress 2 (the reason i purchased it) the most fun FPS i have played in years.

Also COD 4 short? I was praising it for being a decent lenght for a change, maybe PC and Xbox versions differ.

You wont find me playing any FPS on a console though, just not the same as mouse and keyboard!

PS any one want to buy a wii? I purchased it last xmas and its spent most of this year doing nothing at all.

Got my XBOX 360 halo edition upstairs hidden away for christmas - not allowed to touch until then :cry: .

Halo 3 I found is a good game, just over too fast hence can't wait for the live element of the game, as for call of duty 4 - gonna have a go on that this weekend at me mates house :)

Back