best light for country lane commuting for £30?

jax13

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
having put up with a pair of cheaper led fronts for the last year or two, i've decided its about time to chuck a better front lamp on for this winter.

so, with a budget that doesn't stretch past £30, whats the best lamp out there?

would i be better buying a pair of the ebay 5watt 270 lumen jobs at £6 a pop or is there something else that out performs them and stays under my budget?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i just bought one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320762086750? ... 1439.l2649 for the bike and one of these for the helmet i dont wear http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220848592688? ... 1439.l2649

they took a while to get here but the seller was really helpfull, i did need to get batteries and a charger from another seller though. the black torch lit up my local park park pritty well and scared off the local chavs getting pissed on the swings. i've yet to try the smaller one but it runs on standard batteries, its pritty bright in the day though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The pair of 270 lumen lights is fine for commuting, the rear lights aren't bad either, the disadvantage of them is there is no side lighting as they are fully enclosed and the flash mode is really poor.

I wouldn't use the XML lights for commuting even at their lower setting - too bright for motorists to look at in my opinion.

My favourite rear light is the smart 1 watt, very noticeable from all directions.

Lyzene are bringing out lights.Not sure of the prices but their flagship is only £100 and theres 2 models below that so you could find its about 35-40 quid or so :?

The Ken":3sba0arh said:
The pair of 270 lumen lights is fine for commuting, the rear lights aren't bad either, the disadvantage of them is there is no side lighting as they are fully enclosed and the flash mode is really poor.

I wouldn't use the XML lights for commuting even at their lower setting - too bright for motorists to look at in my opinion.

My favourite rear light is the smart 1 watt, very noticeable from all directions.

These on a low setting are similar in brightness to the original 'ebay bike lights' but have a better beam spread:

479514260_o.jpg

Back