Manitou R7 Pro 100mm AIR Coil Thoughts??

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Finally decided on a brand new sus fork.Im hoping i havent bought a pig in a poke here so will ask :oops:

Any thoughts experiences.Im guessing their a bit more maintenance hungry from the last new fork i bought -Z2 :oops:
But bought it is,seemed a good deal for a 2011 new fork [£220inc post]

Anyone have or ridden one can give me some idea as to what to expect or what to avoid in running and servicing?

Got it here-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Seems a good price but its that price that has left a niggling doubt in my mind :oops:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
good price .

I have never tried one , but one of my friend bought one last year and could not get on with it . never managed to get the full travel .

I've never heard good things about Manitou but then again I've never ridden any.

I'm just having to send back a set of Rockshox Rebas due to the crown/steerer being out of line so I suppose all forks have their issues.

Make sure it is correctly adjusted to your weight..... I think it's an 07 ish..... I have the reciept somewhere, but I don't know where.
It was on the bike when I bought it used, but is still fine. The bloke paid somewhere around £450, I think!

Neil G":cywj4kek said:
I've never heard good things about Manitou but then again I've never ridden any.

I'm just having to send back a set of Rockshox Rebas due to the crown/steerer being out of line so I suppose all forks have their issues.

Strangely enough ive never heard anything good either and bitd i wasnt a fan of them and preferred marzocchi, but i reckon these days with the tech they have its got to be an improvement over my usual 1998 fork choice :LOL: :LOL: a good 800grams lighter anyway
Every fork from the cheapest to the most expensive pro issue has suffered a failure or lapse in manafacturing at some point

Don't know anything about these but was talking to a chap in my lbs yesterday about forks as I'm after changing mine. I've only really been thinking Fox or Rock Shox at a push but he was saying Manitou have been coming back strong after a few years off the boil and the new stuff is doing well in the reviews.

I thought about Fox but the amount of worn stanchions points towards them not surviving in the way early forks have lasted,as in whatever coating Marzocchi and RS put on their stanchions.

Back