Skibiking meeting and test day

PurleySquire

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
At this time of year normal folk will be anticipating their beach holiday, but if you were normal you'd not be reading this. :D
If you haven't heard of it before, a skibike is very much like a full suspension mountain bike that rides on two skis instead of wheels. Some are DIY conversions of the very same bikes listed here on the forum.

A small group of UK skibikers are in the first stages of planning a summer session at the Sno Dome in Milton Keynes. If you are at all tempted, it would be the ideal opportunity to try one out.

I won't spam you with lots more information, you can follow the link in my sig and read the blogs to see what has been happening over the last couple of years.

Assembly+step+6_small.jpg

The Koski brothers here in Marin have been developing SkiBikes for many years-here is one of theirs.

Attachments

• Koski SkiBike.jpg
    Koski SkiBike.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,640
Thanks for the compliment

Thanks The Ken, it works well too and weighs just 10kg, so perfect for use on chairlifts.
The ski adapters and footpegs fitted are made by Matt Hanson of Alpine Skibikes. They are light and strong, fit into standard drop outs and have clever self-levelling springs.
They are not expensive (for what they are) in the USA, but import duties, courier fees and VAT make them quite pricey in the UK. This has stopped me from stocking them and making any more conversions.

I have been working with a French manufacturer most recently, if you like tidy take a look at what they build.

Firem_Concept_Small.jpg

99% Likely date

It has taken a while, but it nows look like there will be a meet this Wednesday 21st September in the evening at Milton Keynes.

Back