Sir Andy Murray Is Back!

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Just caught up with his progress to the semi final.

What a fighter!

I would be heaped on the couch if it were me.

He has played on to win one match freshly injured, fought through another long one, coming back to win and pushed again to finish off this one in three sets to give himself the best chance to recover for the semi.

It would have been so easy for him to lay down and blame the injury.

OK I don't like the way he talks to himself, gets grumpy and all that but overall I love the guy.

I can't really see him prevailing to win his first slam on this attempt, but it will come soon enough. Meanwhile we have an incredible sportsman we can all get behind.

I think he's a tit.

A miserable tit at that.

al. :D

HF I agree :D everything you want in a sportsman. All the better for his foibles rather than a boring clinician. He should have been a pro cyclist :D

al you can stick yer henman up yer bum :p

kaiser":3okw9g2j said:
HF I agree :D everything you want in a sportsman. All the better for his foibles rather than a boring clinician. He should have been a pro cyclist :D

al you can stick yer henman up yer bum :p

He's an even bigger tit.

al.

he is a good player but he is not a winner . i doubt very much he will ever win a gran slam .

i'd like to get behind him, but alas again he's another I cannot quite take to my heart.
Maybe after years of suffering Henman falling at the important hurdle, I see another similar pattern forming.
I know we should be thankfull he is a world class player and all that, but I too will be surprised if he wins a slam.
He is too grumpy off the court too. Im all for personality, but Murray doesnt have one, aside from the grumps.
McEnroe, now there's a grump I can get behind.

I'd rather someone with personality wins an event over a compatriate any day.

cchris2lou":2996kmfp said:
he is a good player but he is not a winner . i doubt very much he will ever win a gran slam .

He is already a winner. On multiple occasions against the best out there.

I admit he is unlikely to win whatever it is Wayne Rooney is offering with his ex, a 'gran slam' as you call it.

However I can see him taking a major title soon.

Comparisons with Henman are pretty moot, Henman reached the top four much later in his career, and never reached a slam final.

Murray just turned 24 and has been in three Grand Slam finals already. The other players reckon he is not far off and they are the ones in the know.

Hey guess what? He is popular on the tour as well!

Yes he comes over as a sulk, but he has more to him than that. He has inner resolve a thousand Henman fist pumps could never replicate.

:)

I didnt see any of his inner resolve in any of the three matches he really wanted to win.. henmanesque indeed.

And 24 is border line peak for a tennis player. If he doesnt do it this year or next it'll take a huge dose of ivanisavic luck to win one later in his career.

I just can't stand him either, permanently miserable and that faux Canadian accent thing!........what a tw@t!......

Back