Ebay Again!

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
If you sell someting on ebay, what's considered a reasonable time to dispatch the goods? (assuming the buyer's payment has cleared)

Does the value of the purchase affect the timescale?

(I appreciate that trading on retrobike can be viewed differently to teh above)

I do try to post everything within a week .
a bit more for frames and big stuff as you need to book courriers, pack it etc...

I used to writte in my auction that Ebay was not my normal job and that i had a life next to it , so not always able to post straight away .

with in a week. Me personally next day. if they pay by paypal.

I just sold a saracen frame to someone used DHL as they offer a new DHLitNow service where you dont need an account just a credit or debit card or a paypal account arranged monday picked up yesterday delivered today, cost £20 like but with all the royal mail problems i think people will pay for what they want within reason i didnt think the scale of charges where to expensive and allows you to deliver to UK, EU, USA, Canada, Rest of World and the Channel Islands
check it out if you aint already seen it

http://www.dhl.co.uk/publish/gb/en/eshi ... .high.html

If I have to wait for something longer than 7 days from Ebay I start to get annoyed, unless they have stated it might take longer in the auction description. I follow the same prinicple as a seller. If it'll take longer to send, just state it in the description, people won't mind, at least they know.

It's like comms full stop - as long as you are in regular touch with your buyer/seller things can be worked out. I hate it when it all goes quiet.

Bit of topic but still ebay related...

This is what piss's me of about the place. I bought some jog pants and T shirts on 11th sept. week later nothing in the post so i mailed the guy, he mailed me back saying he posted them the same day but would resend them. 3 days later the jog pants turn up but no t shirts, so i mailed him to let him know, to be told they were sent out at the same time but he would send out some more (getting suspicious now) a week later still no t shirts so i mailed again, to be told he had sent them but would send more. so upto now lost in the post we have 1pr jog pants and 6 t shirts. Now im getting annoyed so i mailed him to say im annoyed and im going to leave a negative feedback for him. To be told he would leave a negative for me wtf. I use the but it now thingy and pay instantly but yet theres a chance of me getting a negative for being patient enough to wait 22 days and listen to a pack of lies...

Now in all honesty if i buy something either at the weekend or monday at the latest i would expect it on my door by friday. especially if paying via credit card/debit card/paypal as its an instant payment. Unless of course it states in the auction about delivery times

Oh and i still dont have my T shirts......

i got left negative feeback on my old account because the seller complained about slow posting, i posted it the day his cheque cleared and he done that coz he was an arse, so in i left feeback and called him a muppett and a discrase to man kind, ,, odd how ebay banned me, funny thing was they didnt delete what i wrote, ha

Im still waiting for the saracen I won 2 weeks ago.
I contacted him 4 times before he actually bothered to reply :(
He tried to use the postal strike for the reason it hadnt been posted....shame he didnt post it the week I won it....the strikes hadnt started then.

Still waiting....

Back