Roadies are miserable gits!

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Being fairly new to road bikes I cannot get over the lack of camaraderie I have come across when out on road rides. Yesterday morning I came across 5 different riders none of whom even nodded let alone said hello as we passed. On the other hand if I was on my mountain bike up the local woods all the riders you would meet would at least say hello and more often than not stop for a chat.

Roadies must have the biggest of chips on their shoulders ... Discuss

Hi, This roadie ignoramousism! Is pretty universal i think.

I have come to the conclusion that the reason they are such miserable gits is their mothers never bought them a tough boys bike as kids and made them ride girly road bikes with plastic shopping baskets on the front for their dolls!

I could be wrong though.

I often changed wheels on an old gt work bike i had and i used to see the same roadie! He only let on to me when i was running my 1 inch slicks and not my offroad tyres. And no im not joking.

Cheers,Al. Winding flatbacks up for ages!!!!

I used to meet up at the local road club's tuesday night crit meets around a airfield perimeter track.

Never in my life have I met people who had so much in common who could find nothing nice to say to you.

Tried to help out in the bunch, got squeezed.
Tried to join a break, got ridden off.
Tried to just do my own thing, got 'told' to be more of a team player.

Bollox to them all, I have a road bike and I use it to ride on the road. Just 'cos I like cheese doesn't make me a mouse.
Just 'cos I have a road bike doesn't make me a roadie. :LOL:

They are just jealous that us mountain bikers have fun. And our bikes can go any were theirs can't. Their just stuck up their own A**s.
I tried to join a road club but my bike didn't fit (barry Hoburn 531 frame/forks) They just look down their noses. And when i did go out with them. Do this Don't do that rule after rule.
I'll pass and enjoy the country side

STRANGE! But they cant all be like that, can they?

cheers,Al. Sticking with fat tyres cos im happy with life.

It's true, they're not all bad. Went out with a club once and was persuaded to go with the serious guys! I kept with them until I puked! I was having some sort of cardiac crisis lying on the verge bleeding from the eyeballs, (at least that's what it felt like). Guess what? One of them came back and gave me directions back to town! What a gent! Diamond geezers all of them!

you know what they say (on this forum in a previous thread I believe), forget your rocking horse $h!t, how about "as rare as a cheery wave from a Roadie".

what is it with them? :?

roadies are scum bags when in groups but on there own there ignorable lol heres one for y my boss is an out and out roadie he wont even agnolige bmx's or any young lads for that mater, that come in the shop unless there on road bikes, and is so rude to them then he speaks in order to get the to leave the shop. we keep warning him but he never learns one someones gonna hit him (when we gonna get a what loser emoticon) :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Back