Can You Recommend a Bike Lock?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Off to the Midlands Game Fair next weekend and will be going by bike to avoid the unbelievable traffic jams. I reckon I should be getting a new lock as the cheap D lock I have is years old. I need some suggestions please. Don't want to spend a fortune and I must be able to carry it in a pannier/on top of rack. I would never leave my Ti alone but my spare bike was expensive BITD and holds many memories for me, (some of them good!) so it deserves protection.
Cheers in advance.

I have the one that is named after the stuff that 'Superman' hated.. I've always had them since BITD :)

you need to have a look at their "sold Secure rating" or something like that, it'll be either gold/silver/bronze and that reflect how long they withstand attack - it's an insurance industry rated thing and valid for motorcycle chains too

Abus and Kryponite both produce good D-locks or chains, but what ever you do DO NOT buy a d-lock with a circular key thing (you want a normal long slot key) as these can be opened with a bic biro (I kid you not!) there are some videos on the web and kryptonite had to change their design

personally I use Abus Granit d-lock, it's about £60 -which is a lot less than the emotional & financial value of the bike to me

Back