the state of modern hip hop in relativity to modern economic

deore 2

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
well,it turns out that kanye outsold fiddy cent,so therefore curtis has refused to release any more records.does anyone have a view on the possible path hip hop may take?nas is till strong,but i dont think you can pin the future of mc's on the queens poet.

discuss.

Hip-hop is NWA, the 2Live crew and Public Enemy. Keeping it retro wih the tunes on my stereo aswell you see :)

Kanye ain't hip-hop, his game is weak.

Was giving 'Enter the Wu-Tang' an airing this morning before the group ride and realised that to me the 'golden era' of hip hop was the early to mid nineties.

Always into NWA and the PE and even remember buying my Doug E Fresh 12in in woolworths all them years ago, but I couldn't give a monkey's about them two you mentioned, more for a younger generation perhaps. Just don't like the music as much.

Always liked Nas though.

Was also thinking that it used to be much more important that the outfit had a dj and the music/ backing track./ main sample was so important and kind of made the track, but that seems to have wained somewhat.

Off to the 7th Chamber now then.

:D

I must confess to being a fan of 'intelligent' hip hop.

J5, Blackalicious, Dangerdoom, DJ Format all float my boat. I cannot be doing with all this "guns-drugs-ni**as-bit*ches" hip hop.

Keeping it real 50? Keeping it like your sad scarface fantasy I say! :LOL:

I for one am glad Kanye outsold 'fiddy'. Now if Mr. half dollar can only challege someone to a breathing contest and quit that too the musical world will be a better place! ;)

Back