totally OT Virgin Media vs Tiscali Broadband

amt27

Retro Guru
anyone used Virgin Media cable broadband?

am on Tiscali with BT line, service is okay at the mo, but I could save a few quid with Virgin and won't need the BT line anymore,

Yes I have it. I've had it since early days of NTL with a 150k line. It's now 2mb.

Never had any problems, don't need to dial it up or anything. Switch on the computer and it's there. Mine comes off my set top box (we have the 3 for £30 deal) rather than a separate line.

I recommend it.

like wise had it for years at my parents house.

the TV/Phone/Net package is V good value.

The internet has for the most part been fast and hassle free. And whilst it was NTL, we kept getting free speed upgrades. we started out on 256k about 8/9 years ago. They are now up to 10mb without paying a penny extra.

I havnt dealt with tech support under Virgin management, but under NTL it was ropey.

All in all i would highly recomend it though, I was very dissapointed when i moved into my new place and realised i couldnt get a cable connection. Im now on BT with DSL supplied by multiplay.co.uk. Its a good small service with excellent tech support (not that ive needed it yet) but due to having to pay BT for the line as well as multiplay for the DSL, it isnt as good value as the cable option in my mind. (and i dont get cable tv :( )

i'm on it, no problems really, perhaps a little slow at logging onto hotmail et al when demand surges, but i've no idea if it's my end or theirs.

orange71":16jezw8i said:
Yes I have it. I've had it since early days of NTL with a 150k line. It's now 2mb.

Never had any problems, don't need to dial it up or anything. Switch on the computer and it's there. Mine comes off my set top box (we have the 3 for £30 deal) rather than a separate line.

I recommend it.

Fully agree with that - the broadband is excellent. Much better than BT.

TV isn't as good as Sky though (thats what my wife says - I never watch as always in garage or on internet!)

I started with them when they were under a different owner. Never had problem on 24 hrs never lost connection. Then had to switch when i moved area. Big error went to Bulldog using ADSL connection What C***P. Now a different ISP but still ADSL So still loss connection not as bad. When move again will go back to cable connection

Back