And yet another doper

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
So, now it's Iban Mayo - I really can't believe all this!

And what about this quote "Astana . . . received confirmation that Vinokourov's B sample was non-negative," said the Swiss team. "Consequently the Kazakh rider has been sacked by Astana cycling team with immediate effect."

"Non-negative" - it beggars belief!

It really is so ridiculous that it is beyong satire - it would be funny if it wasn't so sad and depressing (and if I didn't enjoy cycling so much - watching old races they are still so exciting even though I know they are all cheats).

Oh FFS. Request for all tour riders: If you don't want to play fair, can you just retire please? Now?

This just makes the sport look so bad. However, as long as the UCI hold their nerve and keep at it, the old guard/rotten apples can be thrown out.

I like Phil Liggett's comment about 'new blood' coming through on this tour.........I was thinking 'yes, but most of it was being shoved up Vino's arm...........'!!

I think Bradley Wiggins summed it up, referring to riders coming in knackered half an hour behind, his bargaining power for a new contract being less because he 'only came fifth in the time trial'.........

Fair enough, track cycling and road racing are different disciplines, but riders like Wiggins aren't exactly talentless eejits, either..........maybe the only clean riders are the losers.

Cheers,
Dav

i'll confess to a pint of lager before this evening's ride...even managed to get away without a piss test!

Back