This 'dibs' thing

deore 2

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i recently put some quite nice bits of kit up for sale,little did i know it would spark a media hotbed!.basically,the main part of my sale-lot was almost immediately called 'dibs' on.this upset a few others also.i had never witnessed this before,and it got me to thinking,whats the ethical way to sell without upsetting any other parties?.i dont have enough kit to go round for everyone,unfortunately,so someones always going to be left empty-handed.the way i see it is,if you call it first,then its yours,like calling 'shotgun' for the front seat of the car before a journey.i'd value other peoples input on this also.

yeah,thats true.though i'd tend to avoid paypal (one reason is that i havent got one set yet!).i dont agree with the fact that they charge me fees for getting my own money.

so,would you reccommend bank transfer?i think that would make most sense,dont know much about it though,can you shed some light?for instance,do they charge for it?can it be done internationally,and where from?
sorry to be a pain.
:roll:

I don't do the dibs thing when selling. Hard enough having various people across forums all deciding let alone 'saying' they'll have it and trying to organise them.

1st to say deffo want it and pays, gets it. Simple.

Keep it easy.

:D

Bank transfer is good. But they can take a few days sometimes. At least paypal is instant and easy. But on bigger amounts it starts looking painful that 4%. Ouch.

Yeh bank transfer is best. It is free for me at HSBC but it isnt so easy taking payments from international payers.

I find often its easier to send $ through the mail sometimes...

Cheques are the safest way.

Paypal is evil.

Pickup is far the most convenient.

Free is great for karma.

Back