Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:26 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Neil wrote:
but who on the thread completed the course, and / or the challenge of 100? One, that I can see, for an almost unrelated reason.

By all means, though - you be the ball Johnny. And feel free to post back your progress, when you've finished it all, and done the target amount. And you may just do that, now, to spite my derision - in which case, feel free to monkey-dance your victory celebration. You may just be that fun-loving, unique and special snowflake that bucks the overwhelming trend.

still not getting laid I see Neil?

Aye, but the idea of the challenge and the attempt is half the battle, regardless of outcome. Im quite a determined chap so if I give something a go I tend to see it through. If I complete the challenge It wont be to spite you as my world doesnt evolve around proving others wrong, I like to prove things to myself.

Oh, the FUN comment was in response to LGF's 'join us for a daft challenge and quit the negative' comment to you. Not just the challenge itself.

Dude, seriously, are you always trying to be funny or nice or informative or something positive? Do you realise how you come across?

Last edited by KeepItSteel on Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

KeepItSteel wrote:
Neil wrote:
but who on the thread completed the course, and / or the challenge of 100? One, that I can see, for an almost unrelated reason.

By all means, though - you be the ball Johnny. And feel free to post back your progress, when you've finished it all, and done the target amount. And you may just do that, now, to spite my derision - in which case, feel free to monkey-dance your victory celebration. You may just be that fun-loving, unique and special snowflake that bucks the overwhelming trend.

Don't really see the connection.

And truth be told, never something I've struggled with - but by all means, feel free to think so.
KeepItSteel wrote:
Aye, but the idea of the challenge and the attempt is half the battle, regardless of outcome. Im quite a determined chap so if I give something a go I tend to see it through. If I complete the challenge It wont be to spite you as my world doesnt evolve around proving others wrong, I like to prove things to myself.

Dude, seriously, are you trying to be funny or nice or informative or something positive? Do you realise how you come across?

et tu?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

s_zigmond wrote:
As said it is a challange, and if nothing else it will improve our upper body strength

A challenge that it seems nobody directly completed or stuck to.

And as to upper body strength - well it will improve a bit over baseline - but only from a pushing (triceps) and chest perspective, really.

But as the goal is some arbitrary number, after a bit, strength improvements will plateau, but conditioning will improve - in short, whilst any that stick with it continue onwards and upwards, strength will improve a little, in the areas mentioned, and you'll just get better / more efficient at doing 100 press-ups.

Not that there's anything wrong with arbitrary challenges - I don't mean to sound so critical - it's just that often the reality is that most don't stick to it, and complete it, and the purported gains or benefits from doing so are quite overplayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 pm 
Retro Guru

My mum always says if you dont have anything nice or possitive to say dont say anything at all!

Very clever women my mother!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm 
Retro Guru

Neil wrote:
s_zigmond wrote:
As said it is a challange, and if nothing else it will improve our upper body strength

A challenge that it seems nobody directly completed or stuck to.

And as to upper body strength - well it will improve a bit over baseline - but only from a pushing (triceps) and chest perspective, really.

But as the goal is some arbitrary number, after a bit, strength improvements will plateau, but conditioning will improve - in short, whilst any that stick with it continue onwards and upwards, strength will improve a little, in the areas mentioned, and you'll just get better / more efficient at doing 100 press-ups.

Not that there's anything wrong with arbitrary challenges - I don't mean to sound so critical - it's just that often the reality is that most don't stick to it, and complete it, and the purported gains or benefits from doing so are quite overplayed.

My reason for doing it is because I like a challange, and it will help a little. If I have others to challange me this is a benefit.

Each to there own

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:05 pm 

Neil wrote:
- I don't mean to sound so critical -

Priceless.

I dont think anyone is really hanging on to the purported potential gains that are making you so tense - Its a harmless thread about a physical challenge - that some buddies have had a bash at.
Chill Winston - do us a favour and shmoke da pancake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:11 pm 

Neil wrote:
KeepItSteel wrote:

And truth be told, never something I've struggled with - but by all means, feel free to think so.

Mrs Palm and her 5 sisters dont count mate!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:11 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

KeepItSteel wrote:
Neil wrote:
- I don't mean to sound so critical -

Priceless.

Eye-thang-ewe.
KeepItSteel wrote:
I dont think anyone is really hanging on to the purported potential gains that are making you so tense

Um, I'm not tense about it all - you?
KeepItSteel wrote:
Its a harmless thread about a physical challenge - that some buddies have had a bash at.
Chill Winston - do us a favour and shmoke da pancake

And I've got no real criticism of it, as a bit of fun - I only commented, because it was first raised ages ago - and has now been resurrected, and true to form, nobody really stuck to it.

Maybe this time, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:12 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

KeepItSteel wrote:
Neil wrote:
KeepItSteel wrote:

You think whatever you like to raise your self-esteem, mate.

S'all the same to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm 

Neil wrote:
KeepItSteel wrote:
Neil wrote:
KeepItSteel wrote:

You think whatever you like to raise your self-esteem, mate.

S'all the same to me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it.

Shalom Tommy T.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next