TT session ideas

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Looking for a good book or advice for the old turbo sessions. Unfortunately with kids not always easy to get out and ride for real :(
Does mean I can spend some time looking at the bikes though :)

Have a HR monitor and Sally Reed HR training book which is not bad, but looking for a fresh idea to help me cough up a lung.

So, what do you do? Routine or just make it up? Any ideas welcome!

Cheers..
Andy

Said this before but get up early and ride before the wife/kids wake up - thats what i do (because I can no longer sit on a turbo trainer) Its really nice being out at dawn with just nature for company :)

Mate of mine sticks a Tour de france DVD on and pretends he's riding the stage, reckons it's a top way to do it ...

:LOL:

James, I would be dropped in first 2 miles and just run in granny for two hours surviving until the stage ends :cry:

Kev, I like doing this too, though when its blowing a gale in the rain, nice to not get covered in crap. Should be up for an early one on Sat.

My normally 35 minute commute means that I sometimes have to 'work' late too.... ;)
There are ways, but sometimes the TT is all thats left at 9pm :cry:

dangle a big victoria sponge in two feet in front of you on a fishing rod and keep riding toward the enemy/ friend (depending on how you view training schedules). :)

Last night I opened a bottle of wine for the fluff while on the turbo, so took a good swig, and by golly did it taste good!!!!

This brought great images into my head of MM laps followed by chilled chardonnay....
we need a fridge on camp :evil:

Rode in to work today. Nice day. So took the good road bike.
- now have hail and thunderstorms and only have short sleeves/legs. Nice.
:twisted:

Rode in to work today. Nice day. So took the good road bike.
- now have hail and thunderstorms and only have short sleeves/legs. Nice.

Being underdressed seems to be a theme for you andy !! You're almost the anti Wu bringing too few clothes for the occasion !

Latest posts

Back